UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: What do you Like & Dislike about your Odes X4 or X2?

Post Thanks / Like

What do you Like & Dislike about your Odes X4 or X2?

Sold our 14 Dominator 4dr. Was planning on replacing it with a 17 1000 X4 LT, but, after looking at the price, the price gap between the major brands and Odes has narrowed considerably. This is causing me to seriously consider a CanAm Commander 4dr before making my decision. I know that the fit/finish of the new Odes X models is better than the original Dominator. That said, it is still not on par with the CanAms & Polaris (just my opinion).
    I would really like to hear from you X4/X2 owners on your experience with these (relatively) new models.
    Thank You in advance for your suggestions/experiences,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    For me I would definitely explore the choices, the new Long Travel Dominator is more on par with the CanAm Maverick and is a much better price.
    I would definitely want solid doors and that is a extra cost with CanAm, and so is a roof cover. I would look into all the items and accessories offered next time around. My next unit (if there is one) will be a sport model 2-seater, I really like the new Yamaha with a manual trans.
    Mike

2014 Dominator 4 SE
    1979 YZ400
    2008 KTM EXC-R 530
    2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
    2006 30' Tahoe Toy Box

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicRacer View Post
    For me I would definitely explore the choices, the new Long Travel Dominator is more on par with the CanAm Maverick and is a much better price.
    I would definitely want solid doors and that is a extra cost with CanAm, and so is a roof cover. I would look into all the items and accessories offered next time around. My next unit (if there is one) will be a sport model 2-seater, I really like the new Yamaha with a manual trans.
    I agree, Polaris & CanAm (BRP) "nickel & dime" you to death with adders. If you want, doors, a roof, bumpers etc. they gouge you for them. The Odes is without a doubt, the most complete package of extras that I want anyway.
    My problem with Odes is brand recognition and reputation. There is a lot of bad press floating around on the internet about Odes problems. When I sold mine, most of the people looking at it, never even heard of Odes. Of those that did, many shied away because of what they read. I feel that I was able to get my price only because of it's overall condition and all the extras that I included with it.
    I think a lot of Odes problems are/were inexperienced and/or unqualified dealers and miss-use/abuse by the owner themselves. I am fortunate enough to have a really good dealer with a good service dept. if I need them. I am a "motorhead" anyway, so I take care of most of my problems myself.
    I like the improvements they (Odes) has made to the X models over the original Dominator, but, if they want to remain in business, they must continue to seek out and fix problems. If they do that, the reputation issue will go away.
    just my thoughts,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Robert,
    I agree with you a lot people miss-us and abuse their vehicle and in combination of bad support, brings the Odes product in a negative spotlights.
    I cannot say a wrong thing about the Odes raider we have our 800 2014 raider now with 3000 km on it, my friend with the 2016 1000 raider 2400 km and without a single problem.
    few small issues here and there, but every branded UTV also have, we are in same situation as you we fix all our selves, (we have to as no dealer around in the Arab Emirates and in Namibia)
    the only advantage of the can am is much higher power output from exactly the same engine and a already tested turbo model if you can afford the extra turbo money.
    output wise Odes stay quite far behind with Can am what is basically the same engine (1000 rotax)
    Hans
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2016 Odes Assailant
    2014 Odes Raider 800
    2014 Goes 525I

Post Thanks / Like
    In the U.S. I was able to get the fully loaded 2016 800cc Dom X4 LT with TTL for $15K. That included a sound bar and two small lights for the back. To get a Polaris Crew or Gator S4 similarly loaded would have been around $23K....So in the end I went for the lower price knowing that there were a few things I wouldn't like about the ODES. The Noise and Heat in the cab from the engine where by far the biggest negatives...But I addressed them like others on this forum have so now they are no longer issues for me...I also replaced the windscreen with a home made thicker one and replaced the plastic skid plates with steel...All told I have about $750 in "modifications" to address issues...Ideally ODES will take care of these items in the next release...

Things I like...The price...The larger wheels and higher ground clearance the mid engine gives you...If you look at it the bottom is totally flat and 14" off the ground....in other models the drivetrain and engine sits lower under the bed which reduces your overall ground clearance...I like the looks of the Dom X and it rides nice and has plenty of power from the 800cc for the casual rider...the seats are comfortable...

I only have 300 miles on mine so we will see how it holds up over time...but right now I am pleased with it overall.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4hans View Post
    Hello Robert,
    I agree with you a lot people miss-us and abuse their vehicle and in combination of bad support, brings the Odes product in a negative spotlights.
    I cannot say a wrong thing about the Odes raider we have our 800 2014 raider now with 3000 km on it, my friend with the 2016 1000 raider 2400 km and without a single problem.
    few small issues here and there, but every branded UTV also have, we are in same situation as you we fix all our selves, (we have to as no dealer around in the Arab Emirates and in Namibia)
    the only advantage of the can am is much higher power output from exactly the same engine and a already tested turbo model if you can afford the extra turbo money.
    output wise Odes stay quite far behind with Can am what is basically the same engine (1000 rotax)
    Hans
    Thanks Hans. Few people know the Odes machines better than you. If you are satisfied, I'm pretty sure I will be, also. I don't intend to put my Odes through what you put your machines through. My machine is basically a glorified golf cart. The toughest thing it will have to do is launch my jet skis and our 14 dominator 800 did that just fine, so. I suspect a 1000 should do even better.
    thanks,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    You guys seem to be pretty knowledge about the odes. I am buying a 2014 4dr Dominator tomorrow. For the price, it can't be beat. It's got 500 miles on it. I've done a lot of research here lately on it and the posts I see are so intimidating. From what I read, the 2014 later models seemed to fix a lot of the issues they were having. So my question is, how do I know what half of the year this thing was made? Is there a date code in the serial number? I'm just wanting to make sure I don't get in over my head, but for $5k it's hard to pass!

Post Thanks / Like
    hello, check VIN plate on the odes it show manufactur date. (this is on a raider 1000)
    one of ours as per picture attached you see date 01/2016, if there is no vin plate then maybe not worth it?
    IMG_3873.jpg
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2016 Odes Assailant
    2014 Odes Raider 800
    2014 Goes 525I

Post Thanks / Like
    For the money verse money over what you get off the floor. Odes beat the competition. When we bought the 2015 x2 there was nothing like it on competitors showroom floors. The odes price kicked the crap out of the competitions stock base stripped down model prices. I wanted a RZR but after the sticker shock I cooled real quick. $16000 for a stripped down model and if you want stuff, that will be thousands more. Then I came across odes dominator x2. Whoa, 10,999 loaded to the hilt. I bought it.

Unfortunately, I found out later I made a very bad choice. The dealer was a total A hole and made the excitement of a good deal go sour over night. Our x2 been sitting since we got it back last year from the dealer. Then, we decided to see what could be done tradin it at the local big box utv store. They said they take any thing in trade except the Chinese stuff. That was like a fatal bullet to an already broken heart disease victim. I even talked with another odes dealer that knew my situation and problems with the x2 and he refused to trade. His words, I don't want that thing.

Were gonna sell this beauty. Problem is, I have a very rigid moral compass and feel criminal selling this debacle to the next victim.

Post Thanks / Like
    The dealers around here won't give hardly anything for an Odes . A friend tried to trade his 2015 x4 with 700 miles in and the best they would offer is 2500 on a 25.000 machine
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    My 17 X4 1000 LT Zeus has been fine mechanically fine (so far) with the exception of a whiney transmission/CVT. The ZeusTouch has an issue with temp. gauge accuracy. Odes is supposed to be working on the problem.
    This is my second Odes. My first was a 14 dominator.
    With Odes, it's all about the selling/servicing dealer and their relationship with Odes. Fortunately I have a very good dealer.

Post Thanks / Like

Однако закупк

This post requires you to click the Thanks button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Likes button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Dislikes button to read this content.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • This post requires you to click the Thanks button to see Attachments.
    • This post requires you to click the Likes button to see Attachments.
    • This post requires you to click the Dislikes button to see Attachments.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't like that my 2016 X4 LT has brake issues with 5 hiurs on it!! I don't like that my actuator for my electric lift is not working, though I've never used it!!!! I like the way it drives and handles, but I can't really use it right now due to the brakes. Ugh!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdad View Post
    My 17 X4 1000 LT Zeus has been fine mechanically fine (so far) with the exception of a whiney transmission/CVT. The ZeusTouch has an issue with temp. gauge accuracy. Odes is supposed to be working on the problem.
    This is my second Odes. My first was a 14 dominator.
    With Odes, it's all about the selling/servicing dealer and their relationship with Odes. Fortunately I have a very good dealer.
    My 17 X4 1000 also has a very whiney CVT. The 4x4 indicator keeps flickering on and off on the screen when I am in 2 wheel. Also there is a small tranny leak at the tail shaft. I will be getting these minor things fixed at the dealer I hope. Other than that I like the way it runs and drives. I have so far wrapped the exhaust pipe but still need to wrap headers and reroute air intake. After that and getting past the boring break in stage I think the machine should be lots of fun.
    Last edited by stryker755; 09-28-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a 2017 x4 1000 Dominator closeout in September.
    just like many Of you I wanted to find out as much Info on it before I pulled the triger. What I love about the unit so far is the suspention and ground clearance. Also the comfort and legroom front and back is awsome, oh and dont forget about the brighter than day light bar.. Doors are a nice feature also. Gas cap is even the old metal style with a lock.
    Dislkes is mosltly heat in the cab and a big gap between the bed and rear seats wich lets a lot of dust in. But these things can be fixed with some enginuity.
    One other thing I knowdest is when you are in drive and are in a situation where you have to back up it can be a pain to get it to shift in reverse , when there is pressure on the tranny. I found if I lift the gas peddel up with my toe to idle it way down it helps.

Now my big question is how reliable this is going to be for the long haul. I havnt really seen anyone brag about how many miles they put on there Odes so Im a little nervous even though I Love it so far.
    I have a 09 Kawaski Teryx that I have had zero problems with it except regular wear and tare and maintinance. Granted its no powerhouse but very reliable. So the Odes has some big shoes to fill.
    Last edited by Good O Boy; 10-04-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hay lắm chủ topic

Post Thanks / Like
    Hay lắm chủ topic