UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: DynoJet Power Commander works with older 800cc Delphi MT05 ECU models

Post Thanks / Like

DynoJet Power Commander works with older 800cc Delphi MT05 ECU models

I just purchased and received a DynoJet Power Commander for my 2014 800cc Dominator. This Power Commander was designed for the 2015 and up Odes 1000cc models, however they still use the Delphi MT05 ECU that is in my 2014 800cc. It was plug and play, now I can control the fuel mixture after opening up my air intake and installing a complete Two Brothers performance exhaust system. Because I'm a Apple based PC I need to borrow a Windows PC and then I can dial it in for my needs. More later......
    Mike

2014 Dominator 4 SE
    1979 YZ400
    2008 KTM EXC-R 530
    2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
    2006 30' Tahoe Toy Box

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah when I contacted dyno jet several months ago and they told me it wouldn't work. If I don't end up selling mine i will get one of these. But I need to change my exhaust it's way to loud.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to add a 20" Glass Pack to my exhaust because the Two Brothers performance system was much too loud for me. This made a big difference and didn't take away from performance.Glass Pack.jpgExhaust tip.jpg
    Last edited by ClassicRacer; 01-05-2017 at 10:54 AM.
    Mike

2014 Dominator 4 SE
    1979 YZ400
    2008 KTM EXC-R 530
    2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
    2006 30' Tahoe Toy Box

Post Thanks / Like
    I might have to look into that. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicRacer View Post
    I just purchased and received a DynoJet Power Commander for my 2014 800cc Dominator. This Power Commander was designed for the 2015 and up Odes 1000cc models, however they still use the Delphi MT05 ECU that is in my 2014 800cc. It was plug and play, now I can control the fuel mixture after opening up my air intake and installing a complete Two Brothers performance exhaust system. Because I'm a Apple based PC I need to borrow a Windows PC and then I can dial it in for my needs. More later......
    Great to know Mike! The ECU on the Odes is calibrated WAY too lean anyway. You will not only get better performance, but longer engine life after you get it dialed in. Up to now, there has not been a good way to "correct" the fuel curve. Have you though about putting it on a dyno to see the results of your work?
    My 800 is gone. I am in the process of getting a 1000 X4 LT Z. Hopefully I will get it in March.
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    The problem I have with getting a power commander is in have no idea how to tune it. There is no place around here that will work on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac800 View Post
    The problem I have with getting a power commander is in have no idea how to tune it. There is no place around here that will work on it
    If you are not an experienced tuner, consider buying the PC-V with auto tune. It's more expensive, but, you won't damage your engine with improperly calibrating your fuel map.
    Right now, I don't know anyone with experience tuning the Odes 800/1000 motors. They are very similar to the CanAm Rotax mechanically, but, Rotax uses Bosch engine management system (I think). Odes & HiSun use Delphi.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a power commander on my r6 sport bike but it was all custom tuned. So I would definitely have to follow with the auto tune.

Post Thanks / Like
    Robert,

correct hisun and odes have the Delphi Mt05.
    we started to experiment on our Hisun 1000 strike with a turbo, we found in UK a company what sell software and interface and flash tool, also for Delphi
    we have ordered it and need to figure out how it works as it come without any instructions.
    we use the Hisun as test project if it works well we going to modify our 3 raiders in Namibia as well
    keep you posted.
    Last edited by 4x4hans; 02-11-2017 at 04:40 AM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2016 Odes Assailant
    2014 Odes Raider 800
    2014 Goes 525I

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicRacer View Post
    Hey I am very interested in what you figure out, I am looking at doing cams & could definitely use this for my exhaust, etc Timing ?
    2014 Odes 800 Dominator
    Two Brothers Exhaust
    Fast Ace Shocks
    2 1/2in Lift
    SS Wheels & 30in Zilla Tires

2016 Can Am Renegade XMR 1000r
    TheBom Mag+ Cams
    HMF Performance Dual Exhaust
    Evolution Powersports ECU Flash
    6in Super Atv Lift
    32.5 Outlaw 2's
    K&N Filters