UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: elka shocks

Post Thanks / Like

elka shocks

to everyone who wanted to know what kinda elka shocks were on my 800......the ONLY numbers on my shocks are F4.9x254

hope this helps
    26'' swaplites,itp rims,snorkles,k&N,elka suspension,full skids,plug and play speakers, heavy foot!!

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds right but I will let you know.

Thank you for your help.

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys here's a note... Elka quit selling their shocks for the Hisun 800.
    Reason being the suspension geometry is really bad on our sxs's and the shocks weren't working as well as they'd like. They r still much better than the stock shocks. I am working with Elka right now to get a better set up. The problem is there just a bit too stiff so we are going to play around with springs and i'll be testing them myself so if u have any questions just ask. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    When did all this happen?
    I just spoke with them and they didn't mention any of this?

Quote Originally Posted by MADKAWI View Post
    Guys here's a note... Elka quit selling their shocks for the Hisun 800.
    Reason being the suspension geometry is really bad on our sxs's and the shocks weren't working as well as they'd like. They r still much better than the stock shocks. I am working with Elka right now to get a better set up. The problem is there just a bit too stiff so we are going to play around with springs and i'll be testing them myself so if u have any questions just ask. Thanks

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Tech View Post
    When did all this happen?
    I just spoke with them and they didn't mention any of this?
    Don't know what to tell ya..? I was talking to them wednesday ,thursday.Anyway when I find out more I'll let you know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got off the phone with Elka. They were going to send me some dual rate springs, but wanted to charge me 300 bucks(half price,yikes!) i told them i Already pain over 1000 bucks and they r just to stiff.
    I said if they went for a ride with me they'd be embaraced to have there name on those shocks. Elka agreed and said they are going to take care of me. Don't get me wrong, Elka makes AWSOME shocks just these didn't pan out so well.

With the dual springs we should have the soft ride at slow speeds and firm when u hit the big bumps.
    I'll take a video before and after And post it on here.Can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any update on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    I know I am jumping in here but have u ever thought about fox air shocks? Down south motorsports has them for around 200.00 each alot cheaper than elka. Then u can adjust them without changing springs. I would have already bought a set but no extra cash at this time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Tech View Post
    Any update on this?
    Not yet, been busy with rear diff clutching etc.. Will let u know asap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fast ed View Post
    I know I am jumping in here but have u ever thought about fox air shocks? Down south motorsports has them for around 200.00 each alot cheaper than elka. Then u can adjust them without changing springs. I would have already bought a set but no extra cash at this time.
    We have thought about them, and we have used Fox Shocks before but just like everyone else we are a bit hesitant to try something that is not built specifically for the UTV800.
    Now if we could get more info from someone that has tried them that would be a different story.

From what I have read about air (nitrogen) shocks is that if you set them up for a soft ride that is plush you will get lots of body roll in corners or stiff almost harsh if you pump them up to keep the machine on rails.
    The more compressed the shock gets the harder it becomes.
    There are dual chamber shocks available but price is way up there.
    Last edited by Pro-Tech; 04-02-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok here is the what I just received from Yann Guilbeault from Elka Suspension today. Concerning Hisun 800 shocks.

"We have never built shocks for the Hisun, we haven’t stopped production, it was never started.

Some customers may have shocks on them but they used shocks from another vehicle. The Hisun was not developed by our engineering department."

I am thinking those of you who have Elka Shocks on your Hisun 800 machines are running shocks designed for the 660 Rhino.

Now what we are doing is start from scratch with a shock just for the 800 and not the 700.

MADKAWI: Can you check your shocks and PM me the serial number off of them? 1 front and 1 rear. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know if they make a shock for the Ranch Pony.What is the closetest machine to the Hyusung Ranch Pony?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bullpin451 View Post
    Does anyone know if they make a shock for the Ranch Pony.What is the closetest machine to the Hyusung Ranch Pony?
    Elka dosen't make a shock system for the Ranch Pony.
    Sorry but I have no idea what machine would match it, if any.