UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: 2016 Odes Assailent 800 Battery Light

Post Thanks / Like

2016 Odes Assailent 800 Battery Light

Hello everyone,

I just purchased a brand new 2016 Odes Assailent 800 about a month ago. I got it back from the shop after it "break-in" service and installed a 27" 8 speaker sound bar. Upon riding on easter weekend I noticed that my batter light was blinking when the sound bar was running. I shut the unit off and tried to start it back and it almost didn't start. Seems as though the machines charging system cannot keep up with itself. Having said that, I also have a 95 Honda ForeTrax 300 that has an even larger stereo on it and it seems to keep up. In the service manual it looks as though the magneto generator will put out 520W @ 6000rpm, however I haven'g found the amperage. This leaves me to believe at idle the unit is only putting out about 130w amperage unknown. Is there an upgrade that can be done to help with the charging? Have any of you experienced the same issues?

Thank you for your time,
    Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin,

I have same issue when the lights are on, if engine run idle the red battery warning light is on if I ref up a bit it goes off, most probably at idle the Watts output are lower then the consumption
    I regularly charge my battery if I don't use the assailant longer time
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2016 Odes Assailant
    2014 Odes Raider 800
    2014 Goes 525I

Post Thanks / Like
    4x4hans,

I've done some research and it seems others have corrected the issue by just using ticker gauges wire, while some have upgraded the stator and or swapped out our regulator with one from a can-am. I've gotten in contact with my dealer to see what they can find out from Odes. I'll let you know what I find out.

Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    Justin,
    thanks, i will check also the wires maybe they too thin, let me know what you find please.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2016 Odes Assailant
    2014 Odes Raider 800
    2014 Goes 525I

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdog1227 View Post
    4x4hans,

I've done some research and it seems others have corrected the issue by just using ticker gauges wire, while some have upgraded the stator and or swapped out our regulator with one from a can-am. I've gotten in contact with my dealer to see what they can find out from Odes. I'll let you know what I find out.

Justin
    Upgrading the wire gauge in the stator (larger) will not improve low rpm (<3000rpm) alternator output. the larger wire in the stator will, however. improve the output of the alternator at higher rpms. The magnets in the rotor/flywheel need to be stronger to improve low rpm alternator output. I am not sure if the CanAm rotor has stronger magnets or if it will fit the Odes.
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Raiderdad,

This makes since, however when I said some guys have just upgraded the wire I meant the wire running from the stator to the regulator and also from the regulator to the battery; in addition to making the runs shorter. Not sure how well this would work...

Although thicker wire on the stator itself does make since to increase the output at higher RPMs.

I found this kit on ebay, "http://www.ebay.com/itm/201592249671?_trksid=p2046732.m570.l5999&_trkparms =gh1g%3DI201592249671.N36.S1.R1.TR1", has anyone used it and seen improvements?

Thanks,
    Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdog1227 View Post
    Raiderdad,

This makes since, however when I said some guys have just upgraded the wire I meant the wire running from the stator to the regulator and also from the regulator to the battery; in addition to making the runs shorter. Not sure how well this would work...

Although thicker wire on the stator itself does make since to increase the output at higher RPMs.

I found this kit on ebay, "http://www.ebay.com/itm/201592249671?_trksid=p2046732.m570.l5999&_trkparms =gh1g%3DI201592249671.N36.S1.R1.TR1", has anyone used it and seen improvements?

Thanks,
    Justin
    You should look into that getting more magnets on the flywheel idea, it needs more pulses to charge at a low rpm.
    When the headlights are on, fan is running, and a lightbar or any other accessory is on the charging system even at 4 grand is barely making enough to keep the battery charged. On my 14 hisun 800, it had the upgraded stator and rectifier and you really had to watch the voltage usage ,if you wanted it to start at night or let it run. Think of ways to cut down on power usage, like led's and a better cooling system-so the fan won't run as much or higher output fan with less current draw.
    '14 Massimo 800
    '08 Hisun 700 (gone)
    '03 Polaris 500 sportsman

8. Likes Jdog1227 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I put dual batteries in mine with a true isolator with gauge