UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: chery 1100 misfire Gio vyper (massimo1100)

Post Thanks / Like

chery 1100 misfire Gio vyper (massimo1100)

So I bought this utv about a month ago, with a blown rear diff. I rebuilt it and essentially.. I pulled it apart and found the ring gear bolts were either broken or backed out. it ground a fair bit of the case off making a nasty sludge in there. the machine only has 12 hours of run time on it so luckily I was able to just clean out the bearings very well and reinstall all the old stuff, I welded the spider gears together, and called it good. I do however have a new front a rear diff on order, also I am waiting for a new shift cable. I have been trying to source local as much as I can but nobody around here seems to have a source on bulkhead push/pull cables. I just didnt want to wait for shipping but that's life I guess when you buy offshore. I now have a problem with the motor seeming to misfire. it's the chery 1100 4 cylinder. it idles a bit rough. just above idle it runs very smooth then, trying to apply more than 50% throttle it sputters and spits like crazy. I pulled the plugs, they are completely black so I will replace those, but that's not the problem. something is causing it to overfuel(rich) I think. has anybody had any sensors go wonky on these motors? I think I will buy a new ecu as I can see the harness going in has been opened by the previous owner so its possible that they messed that up. other than that, fuel pump is good. it does crank longer than any videos I''ve seen of these motors being started. I'm very new to this forum so I will try to get some pictures and videos soon and then maybe somebody could give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum! I don't have a Massimo 1100, but, at least 1 member here does and he's pretty experienced in working on his machine. hopefully, he will see this thread and chime with his suggestions. As a general 'rule of thumb', an over-rich condition on a EFI system is caused by an out of range sensor. It's not bad enough to trip a code, lighting the ML, but, bad enough to send a wrong signal to the ECU. I would suspect the O2 and/or the Inlet air temp sensor, first. These 2 sensors have a great impact on the fuel/air ratio.
    Good Luck,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderdad View Post
    Welcome to the forum! I don't have a Massimo 1100, but, at least 1 member here does and he's pretty experienced in working on his machine. hopefully, he will see this thread and chime with his suggestions. As a general 'rule of thumb', an over-rich condition on a EFI system is caused by an out of range sensor. It's not bad enough to trip a code, lighting the ML, but, bad enough to send a wrong signal to the ECU. I would suspect the O2 and/or the Inlet air temp sensor, first. These 2 sensors have a great impact on the fuel/air ratio.
    Good Luck,
    Robert
    Yes thanks Robert. Im thinking its something like that. Ill try the old unplug the O2 sensor and see if it changes things.

Post Thanks / Like
    So tonight i spent some time on the engine. I have good fuel pressure:45-55psi until it starts loosing power. I can't tell if the loss of power is due to the fuel loss or something else. Once it start to sputter son after it drops fuel pressure to 30-40 psi. Strange right. Spark is very strong. Im not able to get any data from the obd2 connector unfortunately. I can rev it up to 3000rpm and the engine runs totally smooth, then if i apply more throttle it sounds like its starving for fuel. Im going to take the fuel rail off and take the injectors apart and clean them all out. Its possible that since it sat for a while it could be gummed up. Ill keep you updated. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a link to the service manual if you don't have one https://www.pocketbikecanada.ca/down...ice-manual.pdf
    2013 MSU-1100