UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Helping out with a HS800UTV

Post Thanks / Like

Helping out with a HS800UTV

Hello all.

I am new to the UTV world - my nephew purchased a 2012 HS800UTV a couple of years ago. The engine was supposed to be rebuilt by a third party but he ended up getting screwed. However, he had ridden in a another HS800 side by side and really liked the way it ran so he agreed to buy a new engine and paid a different third party to install it. The price for the engine was more than I paid for a small block Ford crate engine a few years back!

After only running less than an hour the new engine quit. Now, rather than going back to the guy who sold him the engine or the guy who installed it, he parked it in disgust and let it sit for more than a year and a half. Now I have been asked to help figure out what is wrong and help fix it.

According to him, he was simply riding along (not to fast or rpm's to high) and the engine just quit on him. It would never restart.

First thing I did was to look to see if there was spark - there was spark on the front cylinder, so I didn't check the back. Seemed to be getting fuel. So I pulled the plug on the back cylinder and found the electrode smashed! Don't know if this is from detonation or something broke in the engine. Thought I'd just go ahead and replace the plug and try to see if it would run (after putting octane boost in the gas tank). All I get is a buzzing and a high pitched tone.

Any suggestions to a newby in this field? I have a background of light automotive repair many years ago, but nothing in this type of machine.

Thanks for any information or help.

Casey

Post Thanks / Like
    I did this about a year ago. There are so many pieces to this puzzle. 1st is it a 2014 or newer motor? Or did u find a 2013 and older motor?

Post Thanks / Like
    The motor was purchased less than two years ago and he was told it was new, but I don't know what year it is. I suppose there are serial numbers or equivalent on the block? I don't have access to and the manual tonight, but I'll look and find the numbers tomorrow. I assume that's the easiest way to tell?

By the way, thanks for the help.

Casey

Post Thanks / Like
    Any suggestions on where any id numbers are? I have taken everything off except the front u-joint and the transmission and still can't find any numbers.

Thanks again.

Casey Edward