UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: MASSIMO MSU-800 Hard to shift when running

Post Thanks / Like

MASSIMO MSU-800 Hard to shift when running

Hello... my name is George and thanks for the help

I have a 2015 MASSIMO MSU-800 and it has a shifting issue, when the UTV is off it can be shifted without issue....but when its running it can not be shifted....I had read on another post where someone had mention to lower the RPM....this should fix the issue....I had performed this and still the same. the lowest I can get the RPM's is around 1.5 to 1.7....but no lower.

The UTV only has 25 hours on it and the previous owner had this issue form when it was new....he works overseas and didn't get around to bring it into the shop before it was still under warranty.

Thanks again for the help with my shifting issue

Post Thanks / Like
    It should be idling around 1400 rpm's. Check that you have enough free-play in the throttle cable at the throttle body.
    You won't have any fun doing this as you will need to remove the seats and middle cover.
    '14 Massimo 800
    '08 Hisun 700 (gone)
    '03 Polaris 500 sportsman

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem. Hard to shift when engine running. Easy to shift when engine off. I took it in for service and shift rod bolt was missing from gear box connection!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same problem on my 1100. Don't know how to lower idle as it is injected. any ideas

Post Thanks / Like
    you might want to download the service manual https://www.manualslib.com/download/...-Xy1100ue.html

your problem is probably the idle speed control motor
    2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Post Thanks / Like
    Was this problem ever resolved? I have a Massimo MSU 500 that became hard to shift and RPMs are 1600. We have to turn off engine and put it into forward or reverse and restart motor in order to use it. I have cleaned the throttle body, replaced the idle control valve, checked for leaks and so on, but cannot get the idle any lower.