UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Odes 1000 with Oil Cooler?

Post Thanks / Like

Odes 1000 with Oil Cooler?

If you have a 1000cc Odes (Dominator X or Raider) did it come from the factory with an oil cooler? Mine did not. I was told that the 1000s are not equipped with oil coolers, only the new 800s. That seems strange to me. I would think the 1000s are more likely to need the extra cooling capacity than the 800s.
    Thanks,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Robert,

The 2 Raider 1000 2016 units we have in Namibia are also without oilcooler
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2016 Odes Assailant
    2014 Odes Raider 800
    2014 Goes 525I

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4hans View Post
    Robert,

The 2 Raider 1000 2016 units we have in Namibia are also without oilcooler
    Thanks Hans for that info. I have not heard from anyone with a 2017 1000, but, it appears that all the 1000 Odes do not have oil coolers. I find that really strange. It does appear that the radiator is larger on the 1000, but, I have not actually measured the 1000's radiator to compare with the size of the 800 radiator.
    I have not taken possession of my new X4 yet. I am supposed to pick it up next week. I am having the 'wrapped' (colored) surfaces clear ceramic coated.
    Thanks,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Robert,

i have installed on the White 1000 raider an oil pressure and temperaure sensor and hardly see the oil temperature higher then 90 degrees C or 194 F, sometimes with hard work it goes 96 C or 205F
    looks like a oil cooler is not realy required we never saw the oil temp higher then 205F for short period of time
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2016 Odes Assailant
    2014 Odes Raider 800
    2014 Goes 525I

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Hans! If you are not experiencing any overheating, them I am pretty sure that I will not either. Your operating conditions are a lot tougher (hotter) than anything I will expose mine to here in Texas. Thank you for sharing your information on oil operating temperatures. I feel a lot better about not having an oil cooler now.
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Robert,
    overheating we only had in Dubai on the 800, as you know we modified the radiator with a bigger one and added an extra fan (800 in 2014 came with 1 fan only) since then problem solved.
    On the 2 new raiders 1000 we have in Namibia one of them always had higher water temperature sometimes up to 5 blocks and blinking, we found a corroded mass wire of the fans, they basically were running halve the speed, after cleaning the corrosion of the fan wire the problem was also solved.
    See attached pictures we used the oil filter cover to weld 2 sockets on and used for the pressure and temperature sensors and we added 3 gauges in the Raider (also 1 water temperature)
    310.jpg311.jpg312.jpg313.jpg
    2016 Odes Assailant
    2014 Odes Raider 800
    2014 Goes 525I