UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Help! 2014 MSU800 will not start on vacation

Post Thanks / Like

Help! 2014 MSU800 will not start on vacation

My 2014 MSU800 has been running like a champ the past 3 weeks in northern Colordo. This morning it would crank like normal but not start. F3 ECU fuse was blown, replaced, but still would not start. Did not blow while cranking. Spark plugs wet but did not check for spark. Cleaned the air filter but was fairly clean. Don't see any worn, burnt or disconnected wires.

After a few minutes with the ignition on, I got the following error codes flashing where the clock normally reads:
    132 Oxygen sensor circuit high voltage
    337 CKP sensor no signal
    505 idle speed control error

I replaced the crankcase position sensor a few months ago when the UTV would quit running, let cool, would start running for a few miles and repeat. Seems OK now but perhaps it went out again if that is what code 337 means.

I've got calls in to local Massimo and Hisun dealers, but no one answered this late on Saturday, none open on Sunday, only a few open on Monday, and not sure about Tuesday July 4th. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Took to Gear Heads Powersports in Cheyenne, WY who used to be a Massimo Dealer (dropped them due to numerous problems with Massimo) and used to be a Hisun Dealer (even worse than Massimo). He was able to find loose wires, weak connections on battery and fuse box and was able to start. He also adjusted the valves. Now starts better than ever, immediately compared to the 10 second cranks that it took since new. He was confused why the F3 fuse blew as it is for the optional powersteering that this one does not have. At nealry 6,000 miles, this is the highest mileage Massimo he has seen as many have had failed engines at much lower mileage. Thinking about the new 1100cc 4 cyl Reeper Sport as a replacement if Florida will title as LSV or buggy or utility truck so it can be license plated and allowed on roads and national forest roads. The new Reeper Sport seems to be far superior to the Massimo and Hisun UTV's but more expensive at 17K. Only manual transmission available, non removable windshield, only a few dealerships/repair centers nationally and a few inches wider which I see as drawbacks. I wish one of the majors would make a street licensed UTV that would fit in my motorhome garage of 10ft long and 6ft high.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had 2 Massimo utvs the first (2011 800) I put just over 7500 miles on before selling it . The guy that has it now said it just hit 11,000 with only general maint. My second Massimo ( 2013 1100) I put over 8500 miles on ,only replaced one ball joint, cooling fan and 2 wheel bearings. Massimo should start getting better now that they got rid of the old general manager and started listening to the buyers.
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    Good on you! There is hope there is more life in my 2014 MSU 800 yet! Yeah, that old general manager was a jerk and their BBB rating went from F to A+ after he left. They probably fired him. I think he works for Kawasaki now. I would sell mine but is the only one that is licensed and fits in my motorhome garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014msu800 View Post
    My 2014 MSU800 has been running like a champ the past 3 weeks in northern Colordo. This morning it would crank like normal but not start. F3 ECU fuse was blown, replaced, but still would not start. Did not blow while cranking. Spark plugs wet but did not check for spark. Cleaned the air filter but was fairly clean. Don't see any worn, burnt or disconnected wires.

After a few minutes with the ignition on, I got the following error codes flashing where the clock normally reads:
    132 Oxygen sensor circuit high voltage
    337 CKP sensor no signal
    505 idle speed control error

I replaced the crankcase position sensor a few months ago when the UTV would quit running, let cool, would start running for a few miles and repeat. Seems OK now but perhaps it went out again if that is what code 337 means.

I've got calls in to local Massimo and Hisun dealers, but no one answered this late on Saturday, none open on Sunday, only a few open on Monday, and not sure about Tuesday July 4th. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Check the crank position sensor if it starts up and runs and then it quits and will not restart until it cools for some cold water over it if it starts right back up it's the sensor