UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Not a nightmare but definitely a bad dream!

Post Thanks / Like

Not a nightmare but definitely a bad dream!

I've had my Massimo 500 from TSC from almost 2 years. I actually had to return the first one because they couldn't get it to run properly due to fuel issues. The 2nd one has been a pretty good machine until recently. About 2 weeks ago I decided to pressure wash it to knock the chunks off and since then it's been...well, difficult. Let me back up, I have had an issue with it charging. I would have to put a charge on it every 3-4 days depending on how much I used it. Besides being a teacher here at Boys Home of Virginia I also maintain all of the campus HVAC&R equipment and I use the Massimo to get around. I also had a small issue with the spark plug fouling out, (black soot on the plug so I'm thinking a fuel issue), but I would change the plug and it would go back to running fine. After I washed it we started it up and things seemed ok. then I noticed the light wouldn't come on to illuminate the "R" when I put it in reverse. Odd, right?? Next, I started getting a "F0000 9" code flashing. I checked the manual and couldn't find anything about that code so I called Massimo. When the guy in Tech Support said "I've never heard of an F000 9 code I knew I was in trouble or the unluckiest SOB in America. Seriously? Not one Massimo in all of the hundreds of thousands sold has ever displayed an F0000 9 code!!!! He did say that the charging issue may be due to a bad stator and he told me how to check it for AC voltage output and then check the regulator for it's output to the battery. OH OH OH! I forgot to mention that about 2 nights later we were visiting a friend on campus and when we left their house after sunset I turned the lights on only to have them go really bright and then, poof, they blew. WTH?! Hang on, it 's not over yet. The next day, aftyer a short trip across campus the little red triangle temp light came on and the engine died. Again, WTH?! I thought the spark arrester might be plugged so I pulled it out, slightly sooted but not blocked. I checked the map sensor and that was also fairly clean with just a trace of soot. Now it won't run at all. I've tested the spark with an in-line spark tester and that checks out OK. New plug, still won't start. ANY suggestions , thoughts, AH HA moments would be SO appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like the voltage regulator went out
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, I'll check it out this morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Well what was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenbears View Post
    Thanks, I'll check it out this morning.
    I have noticed on this form that people tend to not follow up, I like to know the problem was resolved, (if it was)

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I feel like an idiot. I totally forgot to get back on here and update this thread I started. And it's been forever! It ended up being some fairly major issues. The Tractor Supply here in Covinton VA suggested the mechanic they use for there warranty work. He's about 2 hours away and so I set up a time to get my machine to him. I think he actually had it almost 3 months. Like I said there was more than one issue. But wow, did he treat me good. I ended up with a new voltage regulator, fuel pump and wiring harness. (I think that was all) There was a short (going directly to ground) in the the wiring harness that caused it to pop fuses and melt things. I This guy even called Massimo in China to try and talk to one of their engineers, but no luck. I've had it back for some time now and it seems to be doing alright. I just wish there was more on line info on these things. Soory again for not posting the outcome.