UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: HS800 UTV overheating and other issues

Post Thanks / Like

HS800 UTV overheating and other issues

I purchased a HS800 UTV in May 2011, I noticed it was getting hot on the second ride, I removed the thermostate, still getting hot. I check the fan and found it was distorted, and not turning at the correct speed, I contacted the dealer they sent me a new Tstat, fan, and sensor. It still was over heating by this time I had installed a gauge, drive 5km temp up to 230deg., and contacted the dealer, and inturn they contacted Hisun, they made me a complete new Kit consisting of large pipes, y manifold, redesigned rad and fan. Problem solved.
    Next I had an issue with no 4x4 in rev. contacted the dealer, Hisun sent a new front diff.
    Working on the the front yoke problem.
    Hisun seems to stand behind there product well and SAM at Motobuys is good getting you the service you need.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that is great! What are the machines labeled from Motobuys?

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Respected Member kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    everything listed is all new for 2012. if customers continue to have problems with older models they will most likely do the same for others which is good. you posted on my front diff page as if you received a new cage, did you receive a new cage or an entire front diff? the new front diffs are completely different case and require a different front drive shaft as well.
    Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

Post Thanks / Like
    At first they thought I broke the plastic cage, and priced me out a new cage, once I took it apart and showed them pics of the metal cage and that there was wear starting to form on the front pinon they shipped me a complete unit the same as what is in mine. I believe they called it a Polaris On Demand.
    The name of the machine is SUPER MACH HS 800 UTV

Post Thanks / Like
    he is telling you that you need to run polaris on demand drive fluid in the front diff. they come with gear lube in the front diff's which is not right.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is likely all that was wrong when I had no Rev 4x4 I had to thick of oil. for our cold temp. I used Amsoil ATV Synthetic in the new one.

Post Thanks / Like
    you mean ATF Low viscosity? silver bottle with blue lid. i dont think the oil caused your problems. it is the front end itself. i'm not trying to put your dealers ideas down but it wouldn't take me more than 2 minutes to tell you whats wrong with it if it was in my hands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I e-mail you the pics, I used Amsoil synthetic ATF silver bottle, not the Low Viscosity thou. An other question and have is when I changed the transmission oil. I used Amsoil Synthetic Gear oil 80-90, I filled it untill it run out the fill plug, when I check the dipstick it shows a inch low. Which is the correct full mark?
    Last edited by RD; 03-01-2012 at 12:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    you can e-mail me anything you like. you should use the low viscosity since the weight of the oil is similar to the weight of the polaris on demand fluid. it has been known if you fill to the dipstick you could get some gear lube blowing out the vent tube. i dont think the dipstick was quite made right. fill plug should be plenty.

Post Thanks / Like
    What e-mail address do I use?

Post Thanks / Like
    find all the contact info just below our image.

Post Thanks / Like
    I run the polaris on demand oil since day one and 1100 brutal miles/1900 km's and no front diff problems....yet... Changed my diff oil a few times when it was new to flush out old oil.

But i do have my first kind of major problem...kms check out my post and c what u think.