UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: 09 Big Muddy 500 Top end problems

Post Thanks / Like

09 Big Muddy 500 Top end problems

I'm having issues with my ride topping out around 26mph/4krpm. I've been doing a lot of research online and I believe it should be topping out around 40 mph? I've pulled and fully cleaned the carb which wasn't that dirty. Changed plug (shows signs of running rich) dark and wet with gas. Checked spark with inline spark tester which is great until about 4k rpms and flickers with the sputtering. Air filter is good. Muffler is good. Sounds, runs and drives great up until +/- 26mph/4k rpms. Then spits and sputters. Any advice would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the connector at the coil. Have you checked your valve clearance?
    '14 Massimo 800
    '08 Hisun 700 (gone)
    '03 Polaris 500 sportsman

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. There was a bad connection at the coil. Looks like the previous owner might have had some hodgepodge work done on it. Bad news is it didn't fix the problem. I started over and went back through everything I already did just to make sure I didn't miss anything. Got to carburetor again and upon further inspection looks like I need a rebuild kit.

Post Thanks / Like

Last Comic Standing

This post requires you to click the Thanks button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Likes button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Dislikes button to read this content.