UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: 700 alligator charging volts?

Post Thanks / Like

700 alligator charging volts?

What should the idle voltage be on a 700 alligator? Then with the lights on? then with the lights and cooling fans on? this will be very helpful. Had problems with the battery draining and not starting the machine on long night rides. Very aggravating. I changed the regulator for a cheap rhino one and it seemed to help up the voltage but not sure what it should be to not have this happen again. Any help will be appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    i checked my voltage at the battery before starting and it was 12.59, after starting it was 13.8 and climbed slowly to 14.15 as the engine smoothed out (warmed up). with the lights on with beams on high it dropped down to 12.6. does this sound correct? This test is at idle speed so is it still charging the battery at this voltage? I know the engine charges better at higher rpms. just curious if this is where it should be? would like to add a light bar but idk if it will support it or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    that sounds about right at idle
    2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx for your response! this forum is not as active as it once was

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by namniar79 View Post
    Thx for your response! this forum is not as active as it once was
    It's not, many of the active participants (guys that do their own mods and repairs) have moved on to other forums or hobbies. Hopefully, new people will show up with new ideas and suggestions.
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    That seems to be one of the biggest downfalls of these hisuns they just do not have strong charging systems, I struggle with my 800 and just found the best I could do was got a voltage regulator from one of the new 1000 strikes did a little bit of rewiring to make it fit mine and it seems to work a little better at this point as long as I'm moving it's charging but long night rides with the fan on Too Many Lights you'll still kill it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update since the original post i upgraded to a rhino 660 ho stator from ricksmotosports and the hot shot regulator which has cured my machine of battery drain on night rides. but still not enough to run light bars I'm afraid, but i have got led headlights ordered so this may be the cure for adding a smaller light bar. With four 55 watt halogen bulbs robbing a lot of power, leds will pull a fraction of this so I'm hoping this will leave some room for the light bar.