UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: msu5000 exhaust problem

Post Thanks / Like

msu5000 exhaust problem

has anyone had issues with the exhaust turning cherry red and breaking on a msu500 efi? I replaced the o2 sensor, the fuel injector and the map sensor. people are telling me this appears to be a lean condition. I was going to replace the fuel filter but there is not one. the dealers mechanic suggested changing the ECU. anyone have any other thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    It could be Retarded Timing, that's causing your symptoms

https://itstillruns.com/symptoms-ret...-12229315.html

The ECU might be the cause, or possibly the timing belt could be off a little.

That,s my best guess Good Luck.

3. Thanks chief232 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for your thoughts AZ_Dave I'm thinking of replacing the ECU. And checking the fuel pressure.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is an older post but I've ran into similar issues. I've never had the exhaust break but my exhaust glows red. What i did was buy an Air Fuel Ratio gauge off ebay. Hooked the 12v supply to my key switch and hook the signal wire to my O2 sensor. I could look on mine and find out which wire that is. Once it gets up to temp it will start showing a ratio. If i run mine with the O2 Sensor plugged in then I'll see around a 14.5 afr. If i unplug the O2 sensor then ill see around an 11.1 afr. neither of those are too far off. Ideal for these motors would be a 12.5-13.0 as i feel the most power when my gauge reflects these numbers. Regardless my exhaust glows red. I pulled my engine 4 times now looking at stuff to find out why my exhaust is glowing red..... A few months ago my dad bought a brand new polaris ranger. his exhaust glows from header to the muffler. I've come to realize its normal.

I didnt notice it on mine until i ran homemade snorkel which required me to cut my console. Once i cut it i realized my exhaust was glowing only because i can see it from the cab now....