UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Always something new

Post Thanks / Like

Always something new

guy brings his 500 utv in says it just quit.he tried a new plug no luck.we check it out find no spark or fuel pump wont run.tech checks all the plugs on wiring sees nothing wrong i check the ecm and find one of the small prongs broke off. replaced with new ecm and runs like a champ.that took awhile to find.wierd thing is it didnt show any codes. just wanted to let everyone know for future ref.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks man-things like that make it a tough business sometimes-its nice that everyone works together on this site.

http://rhinoclones.com/banners/Redline2.gif
    Redline Sport and Marine Inc.
    Sales, Parts, and Service-All Makes and Models
    906-563-1450 Norway MI 715-696-6789 Spread Eagle WI redline.motorsports@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Was there any corrosion on the terminals? We have that in our Mazda's sometimes. Occasionally there is a water leak and it get into the BCM connector and pins will corrode off the module. We replace the module and use dielectric grease on the connector to help keep moisture out after we seal the leak. Is there any dielectric grease on the connectors on these machines?

Respected Member kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    none on anything
    Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

Post Thanks / Like
    there is no dielectric grease from the factory but theres some on this guys unit know.something else will have to do before delivery of a unit i think.

Post Thanks / Like
    we had that on a couple of after market ecm that were returned and resold, now the rebuilders and the OEM's put tissue paper in the connetor. If the paper is pushed to the bottom of the plug the ECM had been plugged in and cant be returned.
    My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them