UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Odes Sound Bar Install

Post Thanks / Like

Odes Sound Bar Install

20171029_134933_HDR.jpg20171029_135302_HDR.jpgHey Everybody,
    I just wanted to share my install job on my 17 Odes Zeus. As you (probably) know, Odes does not provide an amp/speakers with the Zeus touch screen nor do they turn on the radio function in the touch screen unless you request it. Well, I got a touch screen software upgrade (Odes fixed the engine temp error problem) and had my radio function activated. I looked at installing an amp and marine speakers, but, decided to go with a marine grade sound bar instead. I looked/listened to many of the sound bars, WetSounds, PowerBass, Boss, Memphis etc. I selected a PowerBass XL1200. Of all that I listened to, it had the best (full range) sound without having to install a sub-woofer. It also turned out to be less expensive than the other units that I listened to. You do, however, have to buy the pipe mounting hardware kit extra.
    Since the XL1200 uses a 500w rms (250wX2) amp, I decided to power it from a separate marine deep cycle battery that I located under the pass. seat. I also installed a battery maintainer that I can plug in occasionally to keep the battery charged. I did not connect to the main battery/charging system trough an isolator because if it failed it could leave me with dead batteries and the charging system on the Odes is not really large enough to charge 2 batteries. I calculate that I will only have to charge the deep cycle battery after about 30 hours of continuous radio use at moderate volume.
    The XL1200 comes with Bluetooth and hard wired inputs. I hard wired the Touch screen (ICE module) output to the XL1200 input. I can Bluetooth my external music source (phone, MP3 etc) directly to the XL1200 without turning on the touch screen.
    I enclosed a few pictures of the battery installation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you happy with the ice module and radio function? Does it pick up fm stations well? My dealer quoted me $539 to get an ice module so i wanted to make sure its worth it thanks. Also what kind of outputs do you get with the ice module?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan6877 View Post
    Are you happy with the ice module and radio function? Does it pick up fm stations well? My dealer quoted me $539 to get an ice module so i wanted to make sure its worth it thanks. Also what kind of outputs do you get with the ice module?
    Jordan,
    The short answer is NO. I have the ICE module and I almost never use it. In my area, (Texas Hill Country), FM radio reception is bad. I even use dual (shorty) antennas mounted on my roof. My car & truck radios do just fine so the problem is the sensitivity of the ICE unit itself. There are plenty of outputs/inputs both analog (RCA 3.5mm) and digital USB connections.
    My sound bar (Powerbass XL-1200) has both Bluetooth and analog inputs/outputs. My primary music source is my MP3 player bluetoothed to my sound bar. I also have my soundbar hardwired (analog) to my ICE module. I can listen to music from the ICE module and control it with the touchscreen if I choose, but, since reception is so poor with the ICE module, I seldom do. Also, you have to have the ign. on to use the Touchscreen/ICE for music. If you are parked, eventually you could run down the battery.
    My opinion is that you can find a lot better things to buy for your SxS for $539 than the ICE module.
    JMHO,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you I really appreciate the insight and saving me 500 bucks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have to have the ICE module for the radio to work? Does that mean you would have to purchase the ICE module and a sound bar...that would be around 1000 bucks.....too high for my pocket book...... Im not impressed with the Zues system for the extra money that was spent on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kfalk68 View Post
    Do you have to have the ICE module for the radio to work? Does that mean you would have to purchase the ICE module and a sound bar...that would be around 1000 bucks.....too high for my pocket book...... Im not impressed with the Zues system for the extra money that was spent on it.
    Yes, you do have to have the ICE module AND you have to have the dealer turn on the software in the touchscreen to use the radio function in the Zeus OR,
    You can simply buy/install a Bluetooth sound bar and use your phone/mp-3/ipod as a music source if you want to. (read my post above)
    Robert