UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Odes Sound Bar Install

Post Thanks / Like

Odes Sound Bar Install

20171029_134933_HDR.jpg20171029_135302_HDR.jpgHey Everybody,
    I just wanted to share my install job on my 17 Odes Zeus. As you (probably) know, Odes does not provide an amp/speakers with the Zeus touch screen nor do they turn on the radio function in the touch screen unless you request it. Well, I got a touch screen software upgrade (Odes fixed the engine temp error problem) and had my radio function activated. I looked at installing an amp and marine speakers, but, decided to go with a marine grade sound bar instead. I looked/listened to many of the sound bars, WetSounds, PowerBass, Boss, Memphis etc. I selected a PowerBass XL1200. Of all that I listened to, it had the best (full range) sound without having to install a sub-woofer. It also turned out to be less expensive than the other units that I listened to. You do, however, have to buy the pipe mounting hardware kit extra.
    Since the XL1200 uses a 500w rms (250wX2) amp, I decided to power it from a separate marine deep cycle battery that I located under the pass. seat. I also installed a battery maintainer that I can plug in occasionally to keep the battery charged. I did not connect to the main battery/charging system trough an isolator because if it failed it could leave me with dead batteries and the charging system on the Odes is not really large enough to charge 2 batteries. I calculate that I will only have to charge the deep cycle battery after about 30 hours of continuous radio use at moderate volume.
    The XL1200 comes with Bluetooth and hard wired inputs. I hard wired the Touch screen (ICE module) output to the XL1200 input. I can Bluetooth my external music source (phone, MP3 etc) directly to the XL1200 without turning on the touch screen.
    I enclosed a few pictures of the battery installation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you happy with the ice module and radio function? Does it pick up fm stations well? My dealer quoted me $539 to get an ice module so i wanted to make sure its worth it thanks. Also what kind of outputs do you get with the ice module?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordan6877 View Post
    Are you happy with the ice module and radio function? Does it pick up fm stations well? My dealer quoted me $539 to get an ice module so i wanted to make sure its worth it thanks. Also what kind of outputs do you get with the ice module?
    Jordan,
    The short answer is NO. I have the ICE module and I almost never use it. In my area, (Texas Hill Country), FM radio reception is bad. I even use dual (shorty) antennas mounted on my roof. My car & truck radios do just fine so the problem is the sensitivity of the ICE unit itself. There are plenty of outputs/inputs both analog (RCA 3.5mm) and digital USB connections.
    My sound bar (Powerbass XL-1200) has both Bluetooth and analog inputs/outputs. My primary music source is my MP3 player bluetoothed to my sound bar. I also have my soundbar hardwired (analog) to my ICE module. I can listen to music from the ICE module and control it with the touchscreen if I choose, but, since reception is so poor with the ICE module, I seldom do. Also, you have to have the ign. on to use the Touchscreen/ICE for music. If you are parked, eventually you could run down the battery.
    My opinion is that you can find a lot better things to buy for your SxS for $539 than the ICE module.
    JMHO,
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you I really appreciate the insight and saving me 500 bucks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have to have the ICE module for the radio to work? Does that mean you would have to purchase the ICE module and a sound bar...that would be around 1000 bucks.....too high for my pocket book...... Im not impressed with the Zues system for the extra money that was spent on it.