UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: 800 Dominator wonít start

Post Thanks / Like

800 Dominator wonít start

I turn the key, and I get a click out of the battery box. Order a new solenoid after jumping the old solenoid and it fired right up. Put the new solenoid in and same thing nothing. Anybody have any ideas? Iím thinking the next move would be the ignition switch.

2. Likes DWorth1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a '95 Honda that does that. I corrected it by putting in a larger battery. The factory didn't have enough amperage/voltage. Might pull the battery and have it checked.

Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    As I just posted about poor quality of the relays, if you bought a factory relay it could be bad. When I found the problem on mine I cleaned the corrosion off the points but also found that a couple of them were not lining up as they should. I bent them so they did line up and they worked much better, I am going to replace all of them with water proof better quality relays, You just need to get the correct replacement numbers. E-bay has a number of them with packages up to ten or more at a very good price. It would be a cheap upgrade that may solve your problem and possible many in the future. Use Di-electric grease on them when you install them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot to say that the solenoid in the ODES can also be weak so you might want to check it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdog1227 View Post
    I have a '95 Honda that does that. I corrected it by putting in a larger battery. The factory didn't have enough amperage/voltage. Might pull the battery and have it checked.

Justin
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doug View Post
    As I just posted about poor quality of the relays, if you bought a factory relay it could be bad. When I found the problem on mine I cleaned the corrosion off the points but also found that a couple of them were not lining up as they should. I bent them so they did line up and they worked much better, I am going to replace all of them with water proof better quality relays, You just need to get the correct replacement numbers. E-bay has a number of them with packages up to ten or more at a very good price. It would be a cheap upgrade that may solve your problem and possible many in the future. Use Di-electric grease on them when you install them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Doug View Post
    I forgot to say that the solenoid in the ODES can also be weak so you might want to check it too.
    Thanks Gents, tried all that. I even replaced the ignition switch, still nothing.
    Might just wire a pushbutton and be done with it. Runs fine when I jump the solenoid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KA64 View Post
    Thanks Gents, tried all that. I even replaced the ignition switch, still nothing.
    just wiresd a pushbutton and be done with it. Runs fine when I jump the solenoid.
    Install the push to bypass the solenoid side, works great and very happy with the $27 that it cost me to do this