UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: HMF Exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

HMF Exhaust

Good morning,

I'm considering installing an HMF slip on exhaust on my 2016 Odes Assailant 800. I was wondering if any of you have done this on your dominator or assailant and if you've had any issues. Did you use a fuel optimizer? If so which one works with the Odes 800cc engine??? I know the Odes motors are Can-Am replicas so I would think the optimizers that work on the Can-Am would then also work on the Odes. Please let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
    Justin

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not have any experience with the HMF slip on, but, I have heard the 2 Bros slip on a Dominator 800. It was pretty loud. I'm not sure that I would want to endure that loud of an exhaust note very long.
    In most cases, it is a good idea to richen the F/A ratio when you reduce the back pressure on the exhaust. Odes 800s are already borderline too lean so they can pass the EPA emission tests. I have never used a fuel optimizer. I have seen them advertised. From what I can tell, (and I do not know for sure) they simply trick the ECU by modifying the signal from the inlet air sensor. If this is what they are doing, I would be careful with it. Take a lot of plug readings.
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Robert,

we did try 2 different brands of this so-called F/A enricher boxes, 1 on the odes 1000 and 1 on a 800 renli but no noticeable differences.
    Smart marketing nice pictures but spend the money for something else.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2016 Odes Assailant
    2014 Odes Raider 800
    2014 Goes 525I

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 4x4hans View Post
    Robert,

we did try 2 different brands of this so-called F/A enricher boxes, 1 on the odes 1000 and 1 on a 800 renli but no noticeable differences.
    Smart marketing nice pictures but spend the money for something else.

Good to know Hans, I am waiting for someone to re-program our Delphi Mt-05s with the proper fuel map or offer a software package that will allow us to modify our fuel/timing map through our laptop/tablet/phones ourselves.
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Robert,
    if you find software what we can do ourselves then let me know, it will be the best option to re-map the ECU
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2016 Odes Assailant
    2014 Odes Raider 800
    2014 Goes 525I

Post Thanks / Like

Delphi MT-05 Software

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4hans View Post
    Robert,
    if you find software what we can do ourselves then let me know, it will be the best option to re-map the ECU
    Hans,
    Do a search on BitBox. They claim to have unlocked the MT-05 allowing manipulation of the tuning parameters. Also, DynoJet (PowerCommander), has tuning tools for some models of Odes, but, they are pretty pricey. You could easily spend $1K USD on their equipment.

robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Robert the odes is dead see my new thread
    2016 Odes Assailant
    2014 Odes Raider 800
    2014 Goes 525I

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, both for your input. I don't want to screw up my machine, I just love the sound of the HMF exhaust on a can-am and was looking for that sound.