UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: MSU 800 cutting out when hot

Post Thanks / Like

MSU 800 cutting out when hot

My 5,000 mile 2014 MSU800 is now cutting out (nearly stalling) at speeds under 20mph after running a few hours. No other symptoms other than sometimes I have to crank the ignition up to 10 seconds for it to start and gas mileage has dropped from around 16 to 11mpg. I had similar problems 7 months, 1,000 miles ago where it would eventually die and would not restart until it cooled for around 20 minutes. Then it would start, run and die a few minutes later. Back then I changed out the crank position sensor and haven't had the problem for 7 months, 1000 miles. So this time I replaced that crank position sensor with a spare I carry. Again, after I run for a few hours, it acts like it wants to stall, then recovers at low speed. Once on the highway, the problem did not reoccur until I returned to the campground and drove at 15 mph for a mile or so. Is there another solution, or should I assume my spare crankshaft position sensor is also bad? I've heard they can be bad when new. I had recently replaced a leaking radiator cap which had allowed about a pint of coolant to escape and triggered the high temperature light, and it ran fine next few similar rides afterward. Any thoughts? I plan to put some fuel system cleaner in and also call motorcycledoctor.com as they have been helpful in the past.
    Last edited by 2014msu800; 04-05-2018 at 05:43 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update. Called Craig at motorcycledoctor.com and he will send me another crank position sensor and recommended I check the valve clearance as well.
    Last edited by 2014msu800; 04-08-2018 at 10:24 AM.