UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Kinda odd question...

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda odd question...

Hey guys. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with RED colored Qlink UTV's? I know red tends to either fade or darken with age. My dad has a 2005 Arctic cat that's red and he's owned it since it was new and kept it under-cover forever. It has not faded yet, and has about 1,900 miles on it. However, he also has a 2001 Yamaha that's been kept under the same conditions since new and has darkened slightly. Has anyone seen a RED Qlink after a few years of running, and if so has it changed colors dramatically? I know the question probably sounds odd, but I really like the color red and the shade of the red Qlink UTV's is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello: iEchoz

That is actually a good question!
    But the answer is that ALMOST any plastic color will change in the sun.
    The manufactures put UV protection in to protect the color but it will only work for so long and the sun will finally beat it down.
    Your best bet is to just purchase a cover for when you are not riding your machine if it must sit outside.

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Pro-Tech, thanks for your response! I plan on keeping it under my carport where it should be safe from rain and sun-light. I was just worried it would end up fading out to that pinkish white color from riding it around, lol. Do you think a layer or two of wax would hurt the plastic? My local dealer has a BEAUTIFUL new red Qlink for sale at 6k, but it's a carb unit. What kind of power and reaction differences are there between the carb and EFI units? I live at about 1,000 ft. above sea level and that's where most of my riding will be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just from my expierience efi seems to have a faster response.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iEchoz View Post
    Hey Pro-Tech, thanks for your response! I plan on keeping it under my carport where it should be safe from rain and sun-light. I was just worried it would end up fading out to that pinkish white color from riding it around, lol. Do you think a layer or two of wax would hurt the plastic? My local dealer has a BEAUTIFUL new red Qlink for sale at 6k, but it's a carb unit. What kind of power and reaction differences are there between the carb and EFI units? I live at about 1,000 ft. above sea level and that's where most of my riding will be done.

Contrary to all the hype that the Wax manufactures say, I do not know of 1 single automotive wax that truely has proven it has any effect on UV rays.
    Search the net you will find many tests done that prove they have no effect at all.
    Some speculate that if it is shinny it could possibly reflect some UV rays, but I would not call that protection.

But If you want, It can't hurt at all.

Just my experience, the EFI is more dependable, quicker to respond, user friendly at multiple elevations.
    But if you are getting a good deal, maybe it isn't that big of a deal.

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, you mean I just waxed my truck for nothing? At least it's shiny now =p. I thought the EFI was probably a great improvement over the carbs, especially when dealing with ethanol. I've never had any sticking floats or needle valves, but I know alot of people who have so I consider myself lucky. Thanks for the replies everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    In addition to what it was said in favour of EFI, we have also to consider 1- a better starter in could wheatear 2- an stable idle without having to play with the choke in and out 3- A oxygen sensor located in the exhaust pipe feeds back the info to a mini computer to adjust the air/gas mixture to the right level according to the situation 4- Higher efficiency improves the mileage being less bad environmental friendly 5- It is a pleasure to remove the spark plug and find it always with a browning color at the tips, which means perfect combustion.