UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Front Inner Fenders

Post Thanks / Like

Front Inner Fenders

I have seen a kit somewhere for inner fenders on the front and it got me thinking. I went to Tractor Supply last night for something else and picked up some baling conveyor belt to make some inner fender liners and maybe line the firewall/floorpan area where rocks get thrown into the plastic from the front tires. I'll post up whatever I come up with after I get some of the other projects finished.
    2011 Hisun 700 utv, black

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been eying that belting at TSC also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also eyed the baler belting at TSC for my rhino. I was afraid it wasn't wide enough to cover the front of the floorboards. I instead purchased some 36" mudflaps for semi trailers. Its thicker and should cover more than what I need. I just need some time to work on it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean with needing time. I wanted to make something that kind of covers the top of the tire, like a fender well, to keep the components under the hood a little cleaner. I have quite a bit of electronics in there and am adding an air compressor. If I have any left over, I will probably use it for the wall. I completely agree that it is not wide enough to cover that area with one piece. It won't do what I want with one piece either, but it's thin and fairly light. The other conveyor belt I have is about 1/2 an inch thick, pretty heavy, and real stiff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by civlized View Post
    I know what you mean with needing time. I wanted to make something that kind of covers the top of the tire, like a fender well, to keep the components under the hood a little cleaner. I have quite a bit of electronics in there and am adding an air compressor. If I have any left over, I will probably use it for the wall. I completely agree that it is not wide enough to cover that area with one piece. It won't do what I want with one piece either, but it's thin and fairly light. The other conveyor belt I have is about 1/2 an inch thick, pretty heavy, and real stiff.
    Did you get the 10" wide stuff they sell?
    Or does your TSC have wider stuff?

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Tech View Post
    Did you get the 10" wide stuff they sell?
    Or does your TSC have wider stuff?
    Yes, I got the 10". The only thing wider that I found was a truck bed mat. A 15' roll of 10" was $100. I didn't know until check out because there was no price on it. I thought it would be around $50 or so, but $100! I almost didn't get it when I saw that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had some left over vinyl wall panels from my basement waterproofing. The kinda stuff they use on bathroom walls at the Mickey d's. It is semi rigid and I did a real sloppy job but it helps!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys just back from TSC and the Belting is on sale. $4.99 a foot for the 10". I got 8' for the back,I think I'm leaving my other ones on the front.