UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: 500 Carb unit will not start at higher ambient temps

Post Thanks / Like

Question 500 Carb unit will not start at higher ambient temps

I have had this 500 handed to me with the following no start issue, When cold early in the mornings unit will start and run flawlessly for hours until i turn it off. Once turned off if i crank immediately it will re start if i wait 10 minutes it is done for the day and will not re start. If i go out mid day and try to start after temp outside is 75 or more it will not start either. I have checked all wiring connections and am currently pulling my hair out trying to figure out this simple but hard to find issue. Again when this unit starts it runs like new for as long as i want until i turn it off. Unit is branded Supermach 500U 4x4 easily less than 100 hours on it, looks like new but some electrical issue has been frustrating.
    Any help much appreciated..any service dealers in Oklahoma area?

Post Thanks / Like
    First things first, you need to determine if its a fuel related problem, or if its electrical.

-Is the fuel pump flowing enough fuel after the initial shut off... or is it starving for fuel. Vacuum lines all in tact, no swelled lines or anything odd like that.
    -How is the condition of the needle and seat? Is it possibly leaking a small amount of fuel directly into the intake? An overly rich condition in a hot engine will keep it from running good or possibly starting at all. An overly rich condition in a cold motor will make it start better! Its like the same effect as a choke only you don't know its happening
    -Does opening the throttle help to get the engine to start after the initial run?

On to electrical...

Does the plug still throw spark after it conks out and refuses to start? That will tell us where to go next. You will need to do some resistance checks on the electrical components too. Spark plug cap, coil resistance, stator check, trigger coil, etc. You may have to check these at room temp, and then again after it heats up.

Give us some more info to work with and we will get it figured out!
    Moore Power Sports, LLC
    Malone, NY 12953
    (518) 483-3330
    www.moorepowersports.com
    Facebook link - www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Moo...s/343271652576

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh thanks so much for the quick response, sorry i did not did not state in original post when it will not start there is no fire at spark plug so i am certain it is electrical just puzzles me that it seem that it is temperature sensitive. This evening it was 77F and when i checked it would not start. Best time to try and have a successful start is in the morning before leaving for work. When it is ready to start it takes less than a half a crank and it fires right up and as stated before will not cut out, sputter or run bad at all until i turn it off and let it sit, it is like it takes a few minutes to heat sink something before it will not restart if i try and quickly re start it, it will fire up, i have left it run and driven it for 2 hours straight with no issue. It is just getting it to start consistently...thank you again for your help, if i need any parts do you stock them?