UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Fire Extinguieshers

Post Thanks / Like

Fire Extinguieshers

I don't know many people on Rhino Clones have been watching the news on the fires in the west,but I would like to tell you about here in Idaho. This fire started on the 3rd of August, so far it is being worked by over 1100 fire fighters, it's burned over 97,500 acres. You can go to (inciweb.org)and read about it. This fire was started by a UTV, I don't what caused it. Their is a picture of what's left of it on the above web site (you will have to look through a lot of pic's to find find it). It was a polaris rzr, this could happen to anyone of us. I don't know if having a fire extinguisher could have prevented this or not. The cost so far $14,254,000. If you don't already have one, a fire extinguisher it might be something to think about. Look for the (Trinity Ridge Fire) on the Web.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that looks bad.
    If you can get to it a fire extinguisher can make a heck of a difference.
    Too many times the extinguisher is inaccessible when needed.
    Keep them handy.
    Last edited by Pro-Tech; 08-22-2012 at 07:42 PM.

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    It was reported by the local news. A friend who lives in the area also told us one of the two riders received burns trying to put the fire out. He didn't know how bad the burns were.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the trails I ride already require you to carry a fire extinguisher and shovel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wyodlr View Post
    Some of the trails I ride already require you to carry a fire extinguisher and shovel.
    Not a bad idea!
    Very little space required to carry them!
    Besides the space required would be well worth it if it could have saved this from happening.

I think I will fab up a mount for safety equipment for our machines!

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Tech View Post
    Not a bad idea!
    Very little space required to carry them!
    Besides the space required would be well worth it if it could have saved this from happening.

I think I will fab up a mount for safety equipment for our machines!
    GOOD IDEA
    That would probably be something a lot of people would be interested in.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in the Black Hills in S. Dakota and am a volunteer firefighter. A fire extinguisher can literally be a life-saver. You can get a fire extinguisher strap/mounting set for about $20 on amazon.com I also take a back-pack shovel. Never be afraid to call 911 to report a fire, no matter what size it is. The quicker we get there, the easier it is to extinguish it.