UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Missing Cotter keys on spindle hub

Post Thanks / Like

Missing Cotter keys on spindle hub

All you Ranch Pony Owners need to check your Cotter Keys on the spindle nuts that hold your wheels on the hub. My right rear cotter key was missing from the factory and allowed the hub to slide down the spindle thus damaging the spline on the spindle and hub. It also ruined an inner bearing in the wheel hub. Total cost? $500.00 and I did most of the labor. Thanks to 231 Motor Sports of Huntingburg In. Life is a little easier with their help and service. By the way, if you need any parts----- forget Killer Motor Sports or SaferWholsale and go direct to BMS in California.626 810 8877 Talk to Mike

2. Thanks bullpin451 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ll check mine today. Thanks Trailrider

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you're riding again , thanks for the kind words.
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)482-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Along with the cotter pins, you guys might want to check the 4 bolts on the front diff at the u joint was putting on a steering knuckle today and noticed 2 bolts missing the third 1/2 way out the other one wouldnt have lasted long 225 miles on my odes 800 a little loctite will sure make a differance , just my 2 cents worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    You should check the bolts on your Sway bar end links too. Nearly everyone I have seen they have been loose.