UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: 93 octane fuel

Post Thanks / Like

93 octane fuel

I see that Qlink recommends 93 octane gas in the frontrunner. My question is why ? and does the Yamaha Rhino motor require 93 octane also. Seems like all my other small engines use regular gas,and most of them are air cooled.

Senior Member IronRangeWheelers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 93 octane fuel

Truth be told I drive semi for a tanker company.. Lots of it is gas hauling.....
    Lots of times the gases get mixed anyways so there isnt a big diff in the grades...
    Just use little bit of octane booster when U fill and youll be fine..
    I personally use XFT for my fuel additive choose... Best Ive came across....

goodiemob

I swap back and forth, useing mostly high octane. My frontrunner 500 seems to be great on gas, so it doesnt usually cost much to fill up. I went riding last week for like 4-5 hours and used maybe a quarter tank. Its whats keeping me from snorkling and jetting, I sold my old grizzly with a jet kit and clutch kit to a buddy and on the same ride he used over a half tank.

Post Thanks / Like

Seeing as the utv carries about 10L more fuel than the grizz I don't think it far comparison. I would bet that they got pretty close to the same fuel mileage. I have seen on many occasions the bigger engine's getting better fuel mileage on rides if the owner can behave with there right foot.
    My greatest fear is when I die my wife will sell my toys for what I told her I paid for them