UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: 2011 500 EFI radiator fan????????

Post Thanks / Like

2011 500 EFI radiator fan????????

i was spraying some fences the other day and my BM temp light came on.

i shut it down and began to investigate. my coolant reservoir was bone dry and i noticed my fan wasnt running with the key ON....i would think it would??????? filled reservoir and radiator and limped it to the shop.
    i had a leak in the line coming from bottom of coolant reservoir and didnt know it....
    my question is ......why wasnt my fan running when it got hot? any tips or suggestions appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    bump.........

Post Thanks / Like
    If the radiator was empty there would be no coolant touching the sensor to turn the fan on
    2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Post Thanks / Like
    Also if the coolant level gets low and air enters the system the coolant won't circulate until the system is vented
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)482-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    ok....thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    well, still dont have a fan...LOL
    I have plenty of coolant and am still getting hot and fan isnt kicking on
    any suggestions where to start?????
    i checked the sensor plug (on the radiator)with it runnin and had 13-14v ....
    Last edited by ccriley; 09-02-2013 at 09:03 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    did you try wiring the fan direct to see if it runs?
    2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Post Thanks / Like
    On mine the sensor works as a grounding. When it gets hot it closes the connection to the ground which turns on the fan or in my case fans. Put a Ohm meter on the two prongs of the sensor-- it should be open. turn on your Ohm meter and put together the two leads. read it and then pull them apart and get that read for open. my ohm-meter is 0 for good connection and 1 for open. Take a reading on the sensor when it is cold and then when it is hot. When it's hot it should show a different reading if the sensor is working. And/or you can put jumpers from the battery to make sure the fan works. By testing at least those 2 items, you should be able to find out what the problem is. If they both show "good", switch the relay with another one you know works on the unit. I hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to let you know I have a 2012 Odes Domm. but it should work the same

Post Thanks / Like
    The hisun units use the switch as a thermoswitch, It actually connects the two wires together , or closes the circuit when the temp gets to the proper level. If there is any doubt about the switch , you can always jump across the plug and the fan should run.
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)482-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

11. Thanks ccriley thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 231 Motorsports View Post
    The hisun units use the switch as a thermoswitch, It actually connects the two wires together , or closes the circuit when the temp gets to the proper level. If there is any doubt about the switch , you can always jump across the plug and the fan should run.
    thanks for all the info....gonna give it a whirl later this eve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ccriley View Post
    thanks for all the info....gonna give it a whirl later this eve
    jumped the plug and fan doesnt run...i checked voltage with the plug jumped and had 13v at the fan socket.....guess im in the market for a new fan LOL
    Last edited by ccriley; 09-03-2013 at 08:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    there is a connector in the wiring harness below the battery box in the harness attached to the frame . there is a connector in there for the fan that fails regularly , I bet that is where the problem is.

Post Thanks / Like
    there is a connector in the wiring harness below the battery box in the harness attached to the frame . there is a connector in there for the fan that fails regularly , I bet that is where the problem is.
    i have cut most of the tape back in the wiring harness up to the battery box and there isnt any connectors???
    i have 13v goin to the fan but fan wont run.....i also tryed to jump the fan off the battery with no luck...
    A wiring diagram would be nice....know where i can find one?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ccriley View Post
    i have cut most of the tape back in the wiring harness up to the battery box and there isnt any connectors???
    i have 13v goin to the fan but fan wont run.....i also tryed to jump the fan off the battery with no luck...
    A wiring diagram would be nice....know where i can find one?????
    bump............

Post Thanks / Like
    If u have 13v to the fan n its not runnig then it sounds like it's siezed... Try reversing the leads to make the fan run the other way

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADKAWI View Post
    If u have 13v to the fan n its not runnig then it sounds like it's siezed... Try reversing the leads to make the fan run the other way
    thanks, will try that tmrw.....didnt think about that.
    my luck it wont, but i'll give it a try.....

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have 12 volts at the fan , and ground , it will run , or it is faulty.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have 12 volts at the fan , and ground , it will run , or it is faulty.
    kinda what i figured....thanks for all the help

Post Thanks / Like
    finally got the new fan on her today....yay, maybe this one will last!!!!!
    thanks for all the help