UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Tires, wheels, Rhino 660, Massimo MSU500 help please

Post Thanks / Like

Tires, wheels, Rhino 660, Massimo MSU500 help please

OK, I no, I should be able to translate what you guys are saying but all I here is yaba, yaba, yaba. All I know is, I wore out tires in 500 miles. I have 12” rims which sucks or does it? I can get GBC Afterburn Street Force ATV Tires, D.O.T. Approved 25” Tires for it, they say, they will work well fine on pavement. Right now I have off road tires 26” Tires. Would I notice a significant speed loss from a 26” to a 25” tire? I know Rhino comes stock with 25” tires. The next tires are not D.O.T approved tires but they are hard surface tires. A second option is 26” Maxxis Ceros Radial Atv Tires. A Third option is 26” ITP Bajacross Radial ATV Tires. These are all 12” rim mounts. Now I see Rhino 660 can run 14” rims I have a Massimo MSU 500 it should be the same Right, including offset? I will need to lift it and put spacers on it right??? WHAT SHOULD I DO????? Would I hurt my Massimo running 14” small truck tires? It’s only a MSU 500, or should I stick with the 12” rims and which 12” tire the 25” or 26”? Call me confused. Please understand everyone you may have answered this question in other posts but like I said YABA, YABA, YABA over my head I am new and don’t have a full grasp yet. I am 54 years this thing has humbled me BUT I LOVE IT.
    Last edited by Massimo Mike; 08-06-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can run 14" wheels with radial car tires that's what I did on my Massimo 800 and a friend did on his 500 We used 205 70 14 tires that are 25"
    2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Post Thanks / Like
    Did he have to lift it and use a spacer? Or can you get Rims in a 14" with a 4/110 Bolt Pattern. Are the front and the back the same width? Car tires would last a long time. With the Street force after burn 25" tires the guy told me he figured I would get about 5 or 6 thousand miles on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need to lift it .wheels are available in 14" with 4/110 bolt pattern . the fronts are usually an inch narrower than rear. You should be able to get them from one of the sponsored dealers or we just bought them on ebay and used yamaha atv wheels. I had over 5,000 miles on mine and still 75% tread left

Post Thanks / Like
    I am wanting to change from my stock tires also but im confused and im having a hard time finding rims that fit the 4/110 axle. Am i just making it hard or is it really that difficult to find rims? I need advise please.

Post Thanks / Like
    massimorider pm sent

Post Thanks / Like
    4x110 rims are a dime a dozen. All honda and a few other atv's run that same bolt pattern. The only thing you have to watch is the rear offset of the rims. You need more of an offset for the rear than the front. But there are tons of 4x110 rims out there. Check ebay.

Post Thanks / Like

Tires wheels Rhino 660 Massimo MSU500 help please

This post requires you to click the Thanks button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Likes button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Dislikes button to read this content.

Post Thanks / Like

Tires wheels Rhino 660 Massimo MSU500 help please

This post requires you to click the Thanks button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Likes button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Dislikes button to read this content.