UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 800 Sticky locking rear diff.

  1. #1
    Senior Member cilindro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like

    800 Sticky locking rear diff.



    Since I bought my 800, the operation of locking the rear diff was ok, but not being able to un-locking it by depressing the same bottom, was an unsolved issue. Recently I found that raising up the rear of the vehicle the locking/unlocking works ok with no problem, but as soon as the rear tires touch the ground, the locking stays for a while between 10 minutes to a couple of days before the system unlocks by itself.

    Today I manage to get a new motor-relay, the one placed at the front left of the rear diff. but the result was the same, ok when the wheels are up, not ok when they touch the ground.

    Ever since I never read something like that, Id like to ask if anyone had the same problem and if any luck in solving it.


    Thanks,

    Last edited by cilindro; 09-26-2013 at 04:23 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member MADKAWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    767
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine works just fine but i don't drive it too hard when rear diff is un locked. Trying not to break an axle.

  3. #3
    Senior Member cilindro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADKAWI View Post
    Mine works just fine but i don't drive it too hard when rear diff is un locked. Trying not to break an axle.
    I finally found a way to put the rear diff to work. Lock it is the easy one, unlock the hard one. When I depress the button for unlocking and it doesn't work, I stop, I lock the rear diff. I press the accelerator hard going straight ahead, (30-40 feet) I stop, go back to unlock and I get it unlocked. At least it works for me and much better that going through the reverse.

  4. #4
    Senior Member MADKAWI's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    767
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cilindro View Post
    I finally found a way to put the rear diff to work. Lock it is the easy one, unlock the hard one. When I depress the button for unlocking and it doesn't work, I stop, I lock the rear diff. I press the accelerator hard going straight ahead, (30-40 feet) I stop, go back to unlock and I get it unlocked. At least it works for me and much better that going through the reverse.
    what kind of oil ate you using in the rear diff?
    maybe that is the problem. I would just use the same oil Polaris uses in there models that have "turf mode".

  5. #5
    Senior Member cilindro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADKAWI View Post
    what kind of oil ate you using in the rear diff?
    maybe that is the problem. I would just use the same oil Polaris uses in there models that have "turf mode".
    I did not see your post beforehand, glad to see you around. Look, I use the oil Hisun recommends, they put me new oil when the diff was replace under warranty. Our 800 is another turf mode vehicle.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •