UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: 800 Sticky locking rear diff.

Post Thanks / Like

800 Sticky locking rear diff.

Since I bought my 800, the operation of locking the rear diff was ok, but not being able to un-locking it by depressing the same bottom, was an unsolved issue. Recently I found that raising up the rear of the vehicle the locking/unlocking works ok with no problem, but as soon as the rear tires touch the ground, the locking stays for a while between 10 minutes to a couple of days before the system unlocks by itself.

Today I manage to get a new motor-relay, the one placed at the front left of the rear diff. but the result was the same, ok when the wheels are up, not ok when they touch the ground.

Ever since I never read something like that, Id like to ask if anyone had the same problem and if any luck in solving it.

Thanks,

Last edited by cilindro; 09-26-2013 at 04:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine works just fine but i don't drive it too hard when rear diff is un locked. Trying not to break an axle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADKAWI View Post
    Mine works just fine but i don't drive it too hard when rear diff is un locked. Trying not to break an axle.
    I finally found a way to put the rear diff to work. Lock it is the easy one, unlock the hard one. When I depress the button for unlocking and it doesn't work, I stop, I lock the rear diff. I press the accelerator hard going straight ahead, (30-40 feet) I stop, go back to unlock and I get it unlocked. At least it works for me and much better that going through the reverse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cilindro View Post
    I finally found a way to put the rear diff to work. Lock it is the easy one, unlock the hard one. When I depress the button for unlocking and it doesn't work, I stop, I lock the rear diff. I press the accelerator hard going straight ahead, (30-40 feet) I stop, go back to unlock and I get it unlocked. At least it works for me and much better that going through the reverse.
    what kind of oil ate you using in the rear diff?
    maybe that is the problem. I would just use the same oil Polaris uses in there models that have "turf mode".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADKAWI View Post
    what kind of oil ate you using in the rear diff?
    maybe that is the problem. I would just use the same oil Polaris uses in there models that have "turf mode".
    I did not see your post beforehand, glad to see you around. Look, I use the oil Hisun recommends, they put me new oil when the diff was replace under warranty. Our 800 is another turf mode vehicle.