UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Newbie Needs Help on 700EFI

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie Needs Help on 700EFI

Hello all. I can't believe I finally found a place where people will know what a supermach, or even a rhino clone is! Anyway, my first question (before I get to my overheating problem) is : does anybody have a clue where I can get a service manual for this thing? I have searched with not much luck. I have found parts manuals and places to order parts, but I can't seem to find a real service manual. I am afraid I will be disassembling quite a bit of the engine and would like to have some sort of book to refer to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your time,
    Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site. You will definitely find this site useful. Most everyone has the overheating issues. Just search up in the right hand corner and you will find all kinds of info. Or just spend some time scrolling through the different threads and see what everyone has done. People have installed dual fans, installed a oil filter relocation kit, changed over to engine ice in there radiator. Added an oil cooler. wrapped there exhaust with heat tape. All this and more. And some of the threads tell you what to do and may have pictures. Anyhow good luck. Everyone is very helpful. I can't answer your question about the Manual. Try a search for that also. Or someone else im sure will chime in shortly.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for the replies (and the PM). I got the manual. I was hoping to get some detail on egine removal other than remove carb and intake.... No big deal I can hopefully figure out how to get it pulled. Now on to my overheat problem. It's a little long but I think the more details, the better.

My daughter's boyfriend comes over and takes it for a spin for quite a long time. He comes back and parks it and doesn't say a word. I noticed there was a considerable amount of steam coming from it. I go and check it out and of course the overheat light is on and the fan isn't on. Well I checked and of course there was a dirt dobber nest on the fan blade which kept it from turning. I broke it loose and it starting turning. This thing hasn't been right since.

skip through months of topping off with water/antifreeze sometimes works, sometimes still overheats.

When the light comes on, I can remove the air bleed on top of the head/return line and it burps steam a mile high forever. If I kill it and top off the radiator until water comes out air bleed, put air bleed back in, and top off radiator it will work fine (for a while). It appears that it works until the water level gets below a certain level at which point it can't pump the water through? Maybe it can't push the water past an air bubble in the return line? Not sure. The pump seems to work great because when the air bleeds off it begins pumping. There are no leaks that I can find whatsoever. I haven't pressurized the cooling system yet to check for leaks. My suspicion is there is a blown head gasket (obviously reverting to my knowledge on vehicles). Sooooo, does this thing have a head gasket? Are they suspect? Does water go through the head only, or jug only, or both? Could it be a base gasket (between jug and block)? I am really at a loss and just honestly happy to find a place where people know what a Supermach (or any other clone name) is!

Thanks again and I look forward to your replies.
    Brad

Post Thanks / Like
    You have a blown head gasket , the reason that it gets "air locked" is the compression in the cooling system. When the system gets air locked it is almost impossible for it to circulate.
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)482-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. Thank you. That's what I was afraid of. This APPEARS to be able to be done while the engine is still in, correct? To your knowledge, are there any other parts/pieces I should order and replace when doing this?
    Is there a document somewhere that will aid in this? The manual doesn't offer much help, but it is better than nothing.

Post Thanks / Like
    It can easily be done with the engine in the frame. Make sure you true the head . We usually pull the jug and true it also . A lot of these units are not very true on the gasket surfaces. For truing we have a 3/8 in. aluminum plate that has been machined true on one side . It has a large piece of sandpaper glued to it to remove the high spots.
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)482-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer