UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: What Oil to Use for the Front and Rear Diffs for Rhino Clone 500cc and 700cc?

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

What Oil to Use for the Front and Rear Diffs for Rhino Clone 500cc and 700cc?

Can someone inform us on what oil weight and type is suggested for the front and rear diffs? Is there any other oil that needs to be changed besides engine oil? Thank You

Respected Member kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Oil to Use for the Front and Rear Diffs for Rhino Clone 500cc and 700cc?

we run 75w 90 synthetic with limited slip in both front and rear differentials.
    Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

3. Dislikes cfmotoswatt disliked this post
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What Oil to Use for the Front and Rear Diffs for Rhino Clone 500cc and 700cc?

Besides the motor and diffs is there anything else that needs to have the oil changed?

Post Thanks / Like

oil? no. should check your coolant as most of them may not be mixed to what your conditions require

Post Thanks / Like

Yea , what he said ;D
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)482-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like

Oil to use for the difs is gear oil or something else?

Post Thanks / Like

on the hisun 500/700 I used gl5 75w90 front and rear;though the rear just requires gl4. A quart should do both, if you don't spill a bunch refilling like I did. I used Mobil 1( synthetic) limited slip.

Post Thanks / Like

I found a trick to fill the diffs easier. First, I put Slim in my tires, then I used the clear plastic hose (after cleaning it) to put on the end of the quart bottle. It was easy to put this hose into the front differential and squeeze the oil into it until it started coming out. On the rear, I took out the filler plug and the sensor (bigger opening) and put the hose in the hole for the sensor and squeezed oil until it started coming out of the real filler hole. One quart of GL5 filled both diffs with plenty to spare. I bet I didn't spill a pea sized amount of oil!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to add to this

I decided with my latest unit to change the fluids. I took it out to put 20 or so miles on it.

The engine oil that came out was pretty dirty. The coolant was weak and dirty. The rear diff oil was dirty and thin.

I replaced the engine oil with Castrol 10w50.
    Installed Yamaha Part # 90401-20162
    Oil Filter was an Emgo 82230.
    Front & Rear Diffs got Klotz 80w90 Free Gear Hypoid
    Coolant was replaced with a 50/50 green.

I know the next 2 seat model I get in is getting the same done but im putting in the Blue Engine Ice Coolant for personal use :-D

Post Thanks / Like

Re: what fluids should go in new 2011 hisun 800

hello to all my name is shane i have purchased a new 2011 hisun 800 from killermotorsports in tx. i have been around atv's for 25 years and aL1 ase tech. my father is a truck driver and picked 1 up from the warehouse in tx out the door for $6600. partial assembled. my concern is i have been reading about the fluids alot of the guys say to put new oil in diff's and trans,right out of the gate any information on this would be great. i plan on going over everything with a fine tooth comb but anything that u guys think i should pay more attention to would be great thanks for the input. shane

Post Thanks / Like

pm sent

Post Thanks / Like
    On my Massimo 500 rear diff there is a wire going into where in the book it shows checking the diff oil. Mine is new and I like to change out factory stuff after two hrs. on everything I buy. The question is can I remove that fill plug without taking the wire off or does the wire remove easily without damage. From past experience I 've found that wires can be broke if turned too many times. Someone with experience on this matter give me some advice. While I'm at it is there an easy drain for the coolant?? Any advice will be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ihe wire has a connecter about 6 inches from the plug, just disconnect the connecter and that will allow the wire to turn freely.

Post Thanks / Like
    75 90 both same with my can am