UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: CVT Filter

Post Thanks / Like

Cool CVT Filter

Some of the ground I ride out here in AZ. is real dry dusty dirty running.In these conditions I was thinking about installing a filter on the cvt inlet?Being new to these mach.was looking for some input on this.I have read pros and cons. Any of you guys have a thought on these filters?If you maintain the filter and keep it clean I don't see it causing overheating problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    From my experience I would not use one . They plug too fast in dusty conditions and cause more problems than without. The cvt needs air or you'll eat up the belt real quick
    2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Post Thanks / Like
    I have installed a 3" donaldson hd type air-filter assy on my 800 hisun,using only the large paper (primary) filter,with a 4" inline fan between the filter and the inlet to the cvt's and it works very well.i have not had to clean the cvt's in over 500 miles.you ( have to have the fan drawing air from filter, pushing it into the cvt's ) with this setup you are flowing way more cfm than the cv flows,( at wot ). We also installed a 3.5" fan on a kymco uxv500 w/4"fan inline,2 years ago.we plug it apart after 1 year running to see what we had and found it cleasn enough i install it on the 800 hisun.(well worth doing in dry dusty area.)

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be great if you guys would post some pics of your work.

I installed an AllStar Air Duct Fan on the CVT exhaust vent and I wondered if I should add a filter to the CVT intake vent???
    Last edited by ClassicRacer; 01-28-2015 at 08:29 PM.
    Mike

2014 Dominator 4 SE
    1979 YZ400
    2008 KTM EXC-R 530
    2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
    2006 30' Tahoe Toy Box

Post Thanks / Like
    We installed a HD-Donaldson #G070020 at the front of unit( under the hood ) and placed a 4" inline blower as to pulling air from a/filter and pushing it into cv cover and used the exhaust off cv cover to cool down exhaust/engine compartment. Filtered air into the converters are a must for hisun and odes so that the belt DOES NOT get too hot AND DIRT don't cause you to have to service the converters nearly as often.If you do the filter system, you will seen a difference.

6. Thanks Z-Rider thanked for this post
    Dislikes Z-Rider disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now I'm wondering if I should allow the CVT exhausted air to blow onto the headers instead of out the back, I will leave it the way I have and once I get the engine good and hot on the next ride I'll check this exhaust air temp and if it isn't that hot I may let it blow onto the motor and move more air there.
    Mike

2014 Dominator 4 SE
    1979 YZ400
    2008 KTM EXC-R 530
    2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
    2006 30' Tahoe Toy Box

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think any kind of air that you could move around would aid in cooling the engine.
    '14 Massimo 800
    '08 Hisun 700 (gone)
    '03 Polaris 500 sportsman

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, STIHLMAN I'm interested in this HD-Donaldson #G070020 filter setup, any chance you could post some pics of where it is mounted and how you connected it to the CVT???
    Yeah 4getful2, I guess I wasn't really thinking about getting more out of this Allstar duct fan, I did think about adding another one, but now I'm thinking I'll route it to blow onto the front header pipe and push more air to the rear of the engine. Doe!
    These Allstar fans blow 170 CFM's with a 3amp 12v connection.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allstar-Air-...df2039&vxp=mtr
    Mike

2014 Dominator 4 SE
    1979 YZ400
    2008 KTM EXC-R 530
    2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
    2006 30' Tahoe Toy Box