UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Hisun 800 Hand Brake "PADS"

Post Thanks / Like

Hisun 800 Hand Brake "PADS"

Does anyone know if any other hand brake pads from other UTV's will work on the Hisun 800. I was going to replace mine, but I can not find any that are the same size and shape. I have included a photo of the brake pads that come on it. Their are two pads, I just took a photo of one. they are both the same. They are not the same pads that fit the wheel disk brakes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DM

Respected Member kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    give me a dimension between hole spacing, top width of pad and bottom width of pad. also the pad surface height.
    Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

Respected Member kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    email it to me if you could please. busy with a new baby and not on here much.
    Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

Post Thanks / Like
    And why not just use the Stock Hisun Pads????
    it's a park brake do those pads should never wear out anyway...,

but if any were going to fit i guess a rhino 660 set of pads maybe??

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure on the fitment , but I know rhino 660 pads are different in shape than those.
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)482-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Just buy the stock Hisun pads n be done with it. They seem t be good quality

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I found the pads I needed. and they are not from Hisun. I priced the Hisun pads according to the parts list on other dealers website. around $39.00 plus $10.00 shipping = $49.00.
    I purchased two sets off ebay. the first set was for $18.00/Vesrah sintered metal disc Pads. And $6.00 for Carbon Kevlar pads. Free shipping on both. and you will never believe what these pads are for and the year.

The reason I had to replace my pads. because they were worn out, and would not hold the vehicle even on a slight incline. I actually had to adjust my cable ALL the way back in. and now two clicks and the brake is engaged. So now I have plenty of adjustment if I need it. and now have new pads that will hold my vehicle.

So you ask why didn't I just buy Hisun. well because when you look up the brake pads on the website it shows the same pads used on the wheel brake, maybe not the same part number but the same shape. THEY ARE NOT THE SAME. whether or not this is just a error in hisuns parts listing I don't know. maybe some of the dealers on here might want to look at that ?. all I know is that I found the pads I needed at a much lower price. and after looking on ebay some more, I found these pads listed for sale by several dealers. ( I know I found over 50 listings for these pads).
    DM

Post Thanks / Like
    So, is the info on getting the pads going to be your secret? You didn't mention where!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the delay. I was in Dallas yesterday for the Dallas Auto Show. got to see all the new makes and models, and HIGH PRICES !!!!!!!!!

Here is the info. for the pads. they are from •1995-1998 Polaris 400 Xplorer L 4 x 4

If you are having problems with your parking brakes I recommend changing them out. It only took me around 15 minutes to do mine. only two bolts to remove, and then you can remove the cable from the caliper and then you are able to remove the caliper from the machine. so you can replace the pads.

If you have in trouble doing yours contact me and I will help you out.
    DM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kd5wef View Post
    Sorry for the delay. I was in Dallas yesterday for the Dallas Auto Show. got to see all the new makes and models, and HIGH PRICES !!!!!!!!!

Here is the info. for the pads. they are from •1995-1998 Polaris 400 Xplorer L 4 x 4

If you are having problems with your parking brakes I recommend changing them out. It only took me around 15 minutes to do mine. only two bolts to remove, and then you can remove the cable from the caliper and then you are able to remove the caliper from the machine. so you can replace the pads.

If you have in trouble doing yours contact me and I will help you out.
    When I replied t this post I didn't see the pic of the pads...lol I knew they were from the rear foot brake from the older polaris quads.

u should add that to the Hisun 800 parts interchange post I made.

Post Thanks / Like
    P.S my handbrake has never really held the machine on a hill since day one. I wonder if those pads are thicker?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just ordered a set of these polaris brake pads to see if it will help with my useless e brake. Should arrive in less then a week. I'll report my results. Currently the e brake is just for looks and a light in the dash as it doesn't hold at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Dick View Post
    Just ordered a set of these polaris brake pads to see if it will help with my useless e brake. Should arrive in less then a week. I'll report my results. Currently the e brake is just for looks and a light in the dash as it doesn't hold at all.
    Haha mine is the same. I looked at it once then got busy fixing something else.
    i dont see why it can't work. But definately needs some mods to make it functional.
    ya keep us updated for sure!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just too keep updated my e brake pads have arrived but i haven't yet attempted to install. They at least look like the first pic but that's as far as i can say right now

Post Thanks / Like
    Changed mine out with the Polaris pads. Completely tore down and cleaned parking brake and lubed cable. Took a bit of adjusting (new pads must be thicker than oem pads), but they work great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ebc # fa232sv

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by STIHLMAN View Post
    Ebc # fa232sv
    Newbe here. Will this work for a 2007 hisun brake pad?