UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: 08 Frontrunner 500

goodiemob

08 Frontrunner 500

Just picked one up, used for a good price. Wishing there was more info in the forum world on these machines. I know there Rhino clones but how exact are they? I found a lift kit for a rhino on craigslist that i mite experement with. Also anyone know what clones the Qlink is compatible with?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 08 Frontrunner 500

I wanna say (from what I was told by the dealer I ordered mine) that the chassis is the same as the 660 rhino.
    2011 Supermach 500cc

Post Thanks / Like

If my memory is correct , I was told they are copied from a 05 660, this is from a HiSun rep.
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)482-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

goodiemob

Well it would be nice to find some more Qlink owners to swap ideas and mods or whatever with. But I just purchased some 25" zillas and got a 2" CFM lift. Updates and pics to come in the future.

goodiemob

The yamaha rhino 450/660 cfm 2" lift kit was a direct bolt on kit. But I just found an oil leak at the rear drive shaft where it goes into the motor at the rubber boot. attempting to fix this weekend anyone have a clue what it could be? Not much of a leak but its gumming up the back of the motor pretty good.
    All I have to do now is mount the new tires on my rims, fix a wheel bearing and Im ready for the season, hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

I have seen reports of the nut behind the drive shaft backing off and causing an oil leak in the place you are seeing. Also, reports are that you have to remove the rear differential in order to get the drive shaft out to repair. I was able to remove my drive shaft without completely removing the rear differential, but it was completely loose and moved back as far as possible. It was tight and I might have just gotten lucky, but it worked. I had to replace the boot on the front end of the rear shaft. I have read that what you are seeing is a common problem and that locktite will help similar future problems. You should do the transmission and rear differential nuts at the same time.
    2011 Hisun 700 utv, black

goodiemob

Thanks for the tip, I plan on trying to fix it this weekend. Ill try the loosening the rear diff before I take it completely out, hopefully it works. Ill take a look at the other nuts while Im in there and hopefully I wont need a new boot, the one thats on there looks to be in good shape.
    Ill post up again once its done and maybe ill get the tires mounted on the wheels so I can post pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope it works out for you. I was missing the boot on the front of the shaft. That's why I had to take out the shaft. Lot of work for a little boot! I went ahead and put locktite on the nuts, thanks to a tip from slayr.
    2011 Hisun 700 utv, black

goodiemob

Done! took the bolts out on the rear diff and did alittle wiggling around and barely got the shaft out. The bolt was not even finger tight so we took it out cleaned the hell out of everything locktighted the nut and rtv all the splins and around the nut. Going to give it 24 hrs to set up and hopefully I should be good, only took about an hour to do. got the wheels mounted and lift in and Im good to go. Ill post pics in the near future.

Senior Member AffordableSideBySides's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How many miles on your machine? It is always nice to see these used machines kicking around so that people can see that these do indeed hold up!
    The Maine dealer for HiSun Powersports Products.

goodiemob

Little over 300, Im the third owner.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your new toy and let us know if you have any questions!

Post Thanks / Like

Wow , thats low miles. We typically could put that on in 2 weekends , sounds like ya' got a nice one. Have fun with it !
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)482-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Respected Member kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

low miles and he is the third owner already! can't wait to see pics.
    Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

goodiemob

One pic.

ITP ss wheel + rock = Fail

Respected Member kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wedged between the rim and caliper? that sucks...
    Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't notice before that you were here in Maine. If you need help with anything, let me know. I am a dealer here in Troy ME. I lived in southern Maine for a year or so. I was in Acton, where are you? Good luck with your machine!

goodiemob

Quote Originally Posted by AffordableSideBySides
    I didn't notice before that you were here in Maine. If you need help with anything, let me know. I am a dealer here in Troy ME. I lived in southern Maine for a year or so. I was in Acton, where are you? Good luck with your machine!
    South Berwick, I see your CL adds all the time.