UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: 08 600 Hisun jumping out of gear

Post Thanks / Like

08 600 Hisun jumping out of gear

Okay, I am stumped. Lately when in high gear going about 15 miles an hour just after start up it will occasionally jump out of high gear. I let off the gas and it will be back in gear. It does grind a bit. So, I checked the shift linkage and adjusted many different ways and I would then have an issue with low not engaging or popping out. Adjust back and revers would not engage. So, I minutely adjusted where all gears work but I still get jumping out of high and reverse sometimes hard to engage or it jumps out too. So, I knew my primary sheave was probably dirty because it would kinda jerk in the past. And I knew I needed an oil change (would help to see if any metal in the oil). So I changed the oil first. No metal in the oil at all. I used a magnet in the pan to see if it picked up anything. Test drive - still pops out of gear but runs smooth. On to the bigger job of cleaning the primary sheave. That was fun... Man was it bad dirty. Cleaned it spotless and re-greased it and replaced. Ran it to make sure it was throwing out before I put the cage and the cover back on and it was smooth as silk. Back together for a test drive - man it runs so smooth! but then all of the sudden it jumped out of high again (10 mph) slowed down and reengaged. Seems to happen when cold. So rode around a bit in low no issues and then high again and then completely hauled butt at 53 mph and it was smooth as a whistle. Sounds like it did when it was new as far as the CVT function if you know what I mean. Also note that when I let off the gas at 53 mph it does engine brake perfectly and confirm so going down a hill as well. Next day - sit at idle and shift through all gears and frankly shifts into the gears easier than it ever has because in the past I had to kind of work it into gear by hard on the brake or gas it a bit etc. take her out in low for a while and it is solid. Change to high and speed up a bit and 10 - 15 mph it jumps out of gear again. Stop and put in reverse to back up a hill and can't get into gear at first then do and start to move and it pops out. A bit of grinding. So put in low and works fine slow then back to high and can run it fast again. Then picked up a friend and went for a bit of a ride and under load popped out of high again. Sorry for the long winded need but as stated I am stumped. The only thing I can think of is the shift linkage is off by a micrometer fraction or something.... The shifter look fine but then looks don't always mean okay. ANY help would be greatly appreciated here as I don't know what to do next.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the motor mounts and motor mount bolts-missing?

3. Likes MADKAWI liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    put the transmission in high and remove the shift linkage, if it is shifter oriented than this will cure the problem. The transmission has a detent that will hold it in gear , you will feel it in the linkage.
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)482-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    4getful2 - I will check the motor mounts, should be easy to see. I had one fall out about a year ago but haven't checked since.

231 Motorsports - Are you saying pop the ball socket off on the engine side linkage? If so, how do you pop off the ball socket? Or are you saying unscrew the linkage "arm" off the engine side, leaving the arm attached to the bar going back to the shifter?

I'm glad for the help! As I still have hope it would seem...

Post Thanks / Like
    Just remove the bolt that holds the linkage on at the engine. Or unscrew the linkage and leave half on both ends , either way.
    231 Motorsports LLC. (812)482-3606 Parts for your atv , no matter what brand it is ! Even if you can't pronounce it! Also the areas only Argo amphibious atv dealer

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick update - Did check the motor mount bolts all good there. Dropped the shifter linkage and ran in high gear and had one little jerk but ran fine after. So put back on the linkage and adjusted as loosely as possible and seems to be okay. Can shift all well and in high when starting cold has a tiny jerk in the range where it would normally jump out of gear. then runs fine from there on. so there must be something internal that causes the jerking that with bad adjustment on the linkage would formerly cause it to jump out of gear. Atleast now it is not jumping out. Only a small jerk every once in a while. thanks for all the help!

Post Thanks / Like

08 600 Hisun jumping out of gear

This post requires you to click the Thanks button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Likes button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Dislikes button to read this content.