UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Hesitates and lacks power

Post Thanks / Like

Hesitates and lacks power

I just bought a 2013 Massimo 500 with 82 hours. It has been sitting up a while maybe 5 or 6 months. I drained all the gas and filled the tank with fresh 93 octane. it cranks and idles fine, if you give it half throttle it runs fine, When you are riding and you give it the gas hard to speed up, it acts like the rev limiter is kicking in , at 4500 rpm, and it wont go over 30mph. When you get on the gas it just hesitates and bucks like you cut the ignition on and off and wont get over 4500 rpm. I figured the rev would be around 6500 on this, any people talk of getting up to 50mph ...... can somone give me an idea to check on what is wrong with this and why it wont run at wide open throttle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the fuel filter; The bucking and cutting could be a partially clogged fuel filter.

I have a 500, and the only way I could get close to 50 is with a running start going down a steep hill Typically the highest speed I can get it on flat pavement is 35-40 mph. The rev maxes out to 4500-4700 rpm.

Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    i also have a problem with my reverse light flashing on and off, maybe it is telling the ecu to engage the reverse rev limiter. I got the the light to stay off a minute and it ran great , then the light started flashing again and it ran like crap and started hesitating again. going to do some digging to see if i can unhook the reverse switch.

Post Thanks / Like
    If the reverse light flashes the rev limiter will engage. Look through the post on this site and it will show you how to disable the rev limiter
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, that was the problem, i found the ECM under the passenger side seat, unpluged the white plug and cut the green and blue wire, taped it up, reconnected the plug to the ecm and it runs great, thanks for the help and the posts guys. now if i can figure out whats wrong with the horn.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm curious, now that you made the ecm fix, what us your top seed and RPM?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    The horn is most likely a bad ground
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    Old thread I know but my 07 is doing same thing coolant and reverse flash and it does to below 4g
    Will try this
    Thanks guys