UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Supermach HS 500 wont start

Post Thanks / Like

Supermach HS 500 wont start

I have a HS 500 Supermach with Electronic fuel injection 2013 model. Battery seems to be charging but when i try to start all I get is clicking noise from the small relay thingy mounted in line right next to the battery . What is this relay for ? and do you think this sounds like a battery issue or does it sound like the relay could be bad....??? I don't know much about these things .. Was able to get it started yesterday by using the "start" mode on my charger but it would not idle and would die as soon as I let the gas off. Troubleshooting guide says something about not idling if a voltage rectifier is bad???? I hate to just start changing parts... Should i try the battery first or the or the thing making the clicking noise ? Try not to laugh too hard. I really am trying to learn what to do to fix these things ...

Post Thanks / Like
    first thing to check is all the grounds , they are known for poor grounding, also check all the connections and make sure they tight
    Last edited by wyodlr; 10-13-2014 at 04:58 PM.
    2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

3. Thanks schillerjay thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schillerjay View Post
    I have a HS 500 Supermach with Electronic fuel injection 2013 model. Battery seems to be charging but when i try to start all I get is clicking noise from the small relay thingy mounted in line right next to the battery . What is this relay for ? and do you think this sounds like a battery issue or does it sound like the relay could be bad....??? I don't know much about these things .. Was able to get it started yesterday by using the "start" mode on my charger but it would not idle and would die as soon as I let the gas off. Troubleshooting guide says something about not idling if a voltage rectifier is bad???? I hate to just start changing parts... Should i try the battery first or the or the thing making the clicking noise ? Try not to laugh too hard. I really am trying to learn what to do to fix these things ...
    Like wyodlr says, make sure the ground is good,take it off and wire wheel the ends then grind the frame to bare metal before reinstalling , just had the same problem with my rv generator not starting untill i hooked 2 big batterys to it .redid the ground now its fine.

5. Thanks schillerjay thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys... I went through the machine checking connections and grounds... Not sure which one was loose but after i jiggled everything and tightened everything it started. Wish i knew what i did ... I didn't find anything that seemed loose but obviously something .....

Post Thanks / Like
    You will find some of the pin connectors just don't make good contacts ,