UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: crankshaft for a Supermach 800

Post Thanks / Like

crankshaft for a Supermach 800

I have been waiting for 2 and 1/2 months for a crankshaft assembly. What I am wondering, is there another brand that will fit? I was told Polaris might be close. Any thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Supermach is a Hisun getting a crankshaft should not be that difficult. Where have you tried getting one?
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in New Brunswick, Canada, and we have tried several places around here. Everyone keeps telling me that they are back ordered. That is why I was wondering if another brand would work.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Polaris 800cc is an inline vertical twin ,so that's out.
    I believe our 800 twins are modeled after canam's 800 twin, but don't quote me as matching perfectly.
    '14 Massimo 800
    '08 Hisun 700 (gone)
    '03 Polaris 500 sportsman

Post Thanks / Like
    mucca pm sent
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    I got mine from Kelly Motorsports. Mine is a 2012 Hisun 800. Give him a call.

Post Thanks / Like
    I called Kelley Motorsports and am waiting for them to call me back if they have one. Do you know if this is a common thing with these bikes? What happened to yours nevadadale?

Post Thanks / Like
    mucca how many miles did you have on yours? I used to have a 2011 800 that I put over 5,000 miles on with no problems ,the guy I sold it to now has over 7500 miles and no problem with crank . I always used Mobil 1 oil in it and added a oil filter relocation kit with cooler for more oil capacity and the convenience of a spin on filter.
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=wyodlr;26190]mucca how many miles did you have on yours? I used to have a 2011 800 that I put over 5,000 miles on with no problems ,the guy I sold it to now has over 7500 miles and no problem with crank . I always used Mobil 1 oil in it and added a oil filter relocation kit with cooler for more oil capacity and the convenience of a spin on filter.[/QUOTE

Mine is a 2011 as well, but not many miles on it, I know that I ran it low on oil, it was my fault the motor went in it. Where did you get the kit for yours to add more oil?

Post Thanks / Like
    I got it from Protech his website is erpowersports.com here's the link http://www.erpowersports.com/index_files/Page3041.htm
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, i looked on their website and they also sell the crankshaft but unfortunately they don't ship to Canada. I am going to call them to see if they will make an exception.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been trying to call Elk River Powersports for the last couple days, no one is answering, have left a message but no one is returning my calls, does anyone know where else you can get the oil relocation kit and will ship to Canada?

Post Thanks / Like
    You might try a can-am dealer the relocation kit for the Can-am brp 800 will fit
    Last edited by wyodlr; 12-05-2014 at 12:25 PM.
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a plastic timing chain guide somehow get wedged between chain and crankshaft gear. Gear teeth lost. Would not stay timed of course and had to r & r crank. Got a new crank w/attached rods from Kelly. Quite a job but you gotta do what you gotta do. New chain guides looked like different material.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just ordered all parts from Kelley Motorsports!! Should have them here in a week or two, wish i knew this 2 and 1/2 months ago!! Thanks everyone for the input!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mucca View Post
    I just ordered all parts from Kelley Motorsports!! Should have them here in a week or two, wish i knew this 2 and 1/2 months ago!! Thanks everyone for the input!!
    did u ever get that beast back tgether?

Post Thanks / Like
    Still don't have it back together. The crankshaft wouldn't work when we got it, so we had it turned down, now we are trying to find out how much torque to put on the bolts on the side piece. If anyone can help, be appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like
    mucca can you receive a file that is 66 meg by email if so I can send the service manual to you
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    Still don't have it back together. The crankshaft wouldn't work when we got it, so we had it turned down, now we are trying to find out how much torque to put on the bolts on the side piece. If anyone can help, be appreciated!!
    Huh??? Had t machine down???? Why? Was it for that unit??

what "side piece u refering to"?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADKAWI View Post
    Huh??? Had t machine down???? Why? Was it for that unit??

what "side piece u refering to"?
    We bought the crank from Kelley Motorsports, and it was suppose to be the one for our machine but once installed it wouldn't turn so we sent the crank to a machine shop and they turned it down. It was a little too wide where the pistons hook up. Now when putting it back together they need to know how much torque to put on the bolts on the crankcase.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wyodlr View Post
    mucca can you receive a file that is 66 meg by email if so I can send the service manual to you
    I should be able to... mucca@nb.sympatico.ca is my email address. That sure would be appreciated!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep getting an error when I try sending it
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you upload it on the forum?

Post Thanks / Like
    I sent you a link
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wyodlr View Post
    I sent you a link
    Thanks!! downloaded it!

Post Thanks / Like
    We bought the crank from Kelley Motorsports, and it was suppose to be the one for our machine but once installed it wouldn't turn so we sent the crank to a machine shop and they turned it down. It was a little too wide where the pistons hook up. Now when putting it back together they need to know how much torque to put on the bolts on the crankcase.
    like to wide on the conecting rods themselves?? Something don't sound right here...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADKAWI View Post
    like to wide on the conecting rods themselves?? Something don't sound right here...
    yes too wide where the connecting rods hook on the outside of the block. When tightening the crankcase, the crank would not turn, it was hitting the inside of the crankcase.

Post Thanks / Like

Младенец шеве

This post requires you to click the Thanks button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Likes button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Dislikes button to read this content.

Post Thanks / Like

Хэнк улыбнулс

This post requires you to click the Thanks button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Likes button to read this content. This post requires you to click the Dislikes button to read this content.