UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: HiSun 800 SHOCKS !!! Anyone have better ones than stock if so where did you get them

Post Thanks / Like

HiSun 800 SHOCKS !!! Anyone have better ones than stock if so where did you get them

I have a 2012 HiSun 800 utv and the ride is rough. Wondering if anyone has tried other shocks than the stock ones for front and rear and if so where did you get them and what part # ? Thanks !

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes sir I got a set of progressive 425's for mine ,ordered them for a rhino ,the front fit perfect the rear,,, I took a saws all and cut the mounts off and my buddy welded them back to the frame an inch and a half higher much better ride not really much of a job if you have a friend that welds.other than moving the rear mounts not much you can do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Also good news for 2012 owners, the fender flares that come on the 2013 models fit perfect .You will just have to drill your own mounting holes ..a few of the stock holes work and will hold it to drill the new ones..

Post Thanks / Like
    Gunsht59, Did you use Rhino Progressive 425 15.5 or 15.7's for front and Rear ? I measured my Hisun 2012 800 and it measures from top to bottom of shock aprox. 15 1/2 inches ? Also if you used 15.5 did you try using it without changing the mount ? Lastly, do you have a pic of the fender flares ? And where can a person purchase those ? I am trying to dress my 800 up, I would like to find a driving light (Front) Front and rear shocks, and possible better tires. Its so hard to find anything for the Hisun 800

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by havasu800 View Post
    Gunsht59, Did you use Rhino Progressive 425 15.5 or 15.7's for front and Rear ? I measured my Hisun 2012 800 and it measures from top to bottom of shock aprox. 15 1/2 inches ? Also if you used 15.5 did you try using it without changing the mount ? Lastly, do you have a pic of the fender flares ? And where can a person purchase those ? I am trying to dress my 800 up, I would like to find a driving light (Front) Front and rear shocks, and possible better tires. Its so hard to find anything for the Hisun 800

I bought the 15.75 for the front and 15.5 rear the front go right in. I tried to force the rear in but it was too much and broke an axle.so my friend made me some new ones but really they were no different than the ones I cut off ,just get a saws all really easy to cut them off ,bolt on the new shock to the bottom mount. bolt it to your mount that you cut off to the top of the new shock lay it up against the frame and weld.then when you do the other side make sure you measure the angle of deg,with a gauge so it matches and weld ,it really took about 2 hrs I have been having a proplem downloading the pics ,google 2013 msu 800 or hisun 800 and they come with the flares you can see the pics there, any dealer can order them for you .they fit the 2012 "s perfect but you will have to drill most of the mounting holes yourself .pleanty of room its no big deal. as far as the lights I put 2- 22watt led's on the roof got them on amazon for about 35 bucks and they are real bright ,blinding bright ...

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a set of Elka shocks on mine. They were specifically built for the 800.

they r fully adjustable and at furst i thought they were still a bit too stiff. Then i tried riding more agressive with them n it was a big difference.
    i wanted to try a diff set up so Elka sent me some extra springs. I never did try them out but they r new in the box.

i will sell the shocks and the extra brand new never used springs for 475.00. Springs alone from Elka were 600.00 and shocks alone were 1100.00

i'm selling the machine soon and going to trying that Polaris ace single seater i think.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just found some progressive 425 shocks also. I got extremely lucky and fo7nd them locally for $300 used. Came off a 06 rhino 660. You can find them brand new off ebay for $550 shipped. These make a huge difference. Absolutely the best money you can spend on your 800. I did exactly what gunsht59 did. The fronts are 15.75. They are a direct bolt in. The rear are 15.5. They are 1" taller than stock. Stock are 14.5. I cut off my rear top mount and smoothed down the frame where I cut them off. I them jacked the rear end up and let the rear a-arms droop all the way down. Bolted the rear shocks to the bottom mount. Then bolted the top shock mount to the shock. Layed the top shock mount back up against the frame and welded it in place. Took about 1.5hrs. Turned out great. Here is a picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rear shock and mount. Top shock mount is moved up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the stock shocks sitting beside the progressive 425's. And here is the front shocks bolted up. Sorry the pictures are side ways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheeks123 View Post
    I just found some progressive 425 shocks also. I got extremely lucky and fo7nd them locally for $300 used. Came off a 06 rhino 660. You can find them brand new off ebay for $550 shipped. These make a huge difference. Absolutely the best money you can spend on your 800. I did exactly what gunsht59 did. The fronts are 15.75. They are a direct bolt in. The rear are 15.5. They are 1" taller than stock. Stock are 14.5. I cut off my rear top mount and smoothed down the frame where I cut them off. I them jacked the rear end up and let the rear a-arms droop all the way down. Bolted the rear shocks to the bottom mount. Then bolted the top shock mount to the shock. Layed the top shock mount back up against the frame and welded it in place. Took about 1.5hrs. Turned out great. Here is a picture.
    i would have just put a lift kit in the front n called her a day. Lol

or were they long enough that they wouldn't bolt in at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    The fronts are a direct bolt in. The rear progressive shocks are 1" longer. The aarms are already fully extended with the stock shocks. If you compressed the progressive shocks and forced them in your taking a chance of breaking an axle when the rear comes off the ground and putting the rear axle in a bind. That is what happen to gunsht59. So in the rear we moved the top shock mount up 1.5"

Post Thanks / Like
    The fronts are a direct bolt in. The rear progressive shocks are 1" longer. The aarms are already fully extended with the stock shocks. If you compressed the progressive shocks and forced them in your taking a chance of breaking an axle when the rear comes off the ground and putting the rear axle in a bind. That is what happen to gunsht59. So in the rear we moved the top shock mount up 1.5"

Oh ok so u actually got 1.5" more travel?
    How is it when u push down on the rear? Is it plush or still firm n stiff?

Post Thanks / Like
    ,It's a big diff, Nowit feels like a real suspension, the factory shocks are junk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADKAWI View Post
    Oh ok so u actually got 1.5" more travel?
    How is it when u push down on the rear? Is it plush or still firm n stiff?
    Actually it still fills alittle firm and stiff. I have to stand on the rear ball hitch to get it to move much. But riding is a whole different story. It feels so much better. I wish I did this a year ago. Absolutely worth every penny. Upgrading the shocks is a must. The ride is so much softer and absorbs the little bumps and rocks. You just have no idea until you ride in one with these shocks. I am installing a 2" lift n the front this weekend because the front is so much softer and has more travel. My front tires are rubbing my front bumper now when I turn. I cracked the plastic under neath the bottom lights. The lift should fix this hopefully. If not ill be doing some trimming. LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya the chinese just xan't seem t figure out suspension....

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my front lift put on tonight. Should help. Ill find out tomorrow if its not raining all day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my front lift put on tonight. Should help. Ill find out tomorrow if its not raining all day.
    Looks like you have those adjusted up stiff. I have mine all soft give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is my experience with the Progressive shocks. Well worth the money!

http://rhinoclones.com/showthread.ph...ll=1#post26543

HTH
    Kirk

2014 Odes Dominator 800 2dr.

Post Thanks / Like
    On my hisun 800 the tie rod end rubs on the a-arms... Must be when i am turning and the aarms r going up n down...

i wonder if that front lift will stop the rubbing...