UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: assimo MSU 400 - staying in reverse issue

Post Thanks / Like

Massimo MSU 400 - staying in reverse issue

Hello,

I recently purchased a new 2014 Massi 400, but am noticing that when in reverse, the transmission seems to pop-out under throttle and grind until re-engaging the gear. I've read a number of tweaks, but wasn't sure if this is common and/or if anyone has similar trouble?

thanks much!
    Last edited by dsringe; 08-12-2015 at 04:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try adjusting the linkage. most times it only takes a half turn.
    '14 Massimo 800
    '08 Hisun 700 (gone)
    '03 Polaris 500 sportsman

Post Thanks / Like
    Any chance you have a pic handy of where I can find it? I'm still trying to get a catalogue the various mechanical bits. Thanks for the suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Same problem but it gradually got worse until no amount of adjusting would help. I could have my choice of frd or rev for a while but when it got to the point of not staying in either it was time for a teardown. It's in the shop right now and the new Yamaha parts are there ready to go back in. The gear material must be a little soft and once the engagement dogs get rounded it's game over.

bad gears.jpg
    2012 YardSport YS 400 with modified clutch system and a host of off-the-shelf goodies