UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: 2009 700U Top Speed/RPM?

Post Thanks / Like

2009 700U Top Speed/RPM?

Hey guys. I have been doing some work on our sxs to try and get it ready to put more miles on it. Since new it has only got 380 km's on it, mostly due to leaks in the last couple years and no time to fix until now. I took it for a road test after replacing all of the fuel lines and a new radiator as the old rad failed. The speedo is currently not working, but all I managed to squeeze out of it was 5100 rpm going down the road. It has a Dynatek CDI so I would have expected more RPM. I am going to have a look and figure out why the speedo doesn't work and am also going to get a GPS reading for speed. I am certain it used to run faster than this before. It also has a fresh tank of premium.

After doing some research, I am seeing the Rhino guys like the sheave setup from JBS Performance. Anyone run one on the 700U's?

Post Thanks / Like
    If your speedo. setup is anything like my '08, The speedo. pickup is on the rear pinion. Check the connection back there and you could see a poorly soldered resistor by the connector.
    A clutch setup is what you need to get the motor to wind up, an orange clutch spring will help as well.
    After that ,you'll probably want to open up the airbox and start jetting the carb.
    Last edited by 4getful2; 08-18-2015 at 12:51 PM. Reason: mispelling
    '14 Massimo 800
    '08 Hisun 700 (gone)
    '03 Polaris 500 sportsman

Post Thanks / Like
    So the rpm I am hitting sounds right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Most aftermarket cdi's don't do much for topend , as they normally don't have a rev limiter. With the dynatech, you've probably just bypassed the rev. limiter in reverse and added about 3-4 degrees of ignition timing, so you may have to use premium gas due to preignition.
    You could check the throttle cable and peek inside to make sure the throttle plate is opening up all the way, check valve adjustment as well.
    5000-5500 on a stock engine you can't ask for too much more. 6grand and things start flying apart
    '14 Massimo 800
    '08 Hisun 700 (gone)

Post Thanks / Like
    40 mph on the gps, so I guess it's doing what it supposed to do. Hope to have a look at the speedo tomorrow night.

Post Thanks / Like
    I checked the connection at the rear. I don't see a resistor back there either. I also checked the connector up front and all looks good. I am going to check continuity on the wires tonight. Are there tests for the sensor or instrument cluster?

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night I checked the throttle adjustment and it was only opening about 3/4 of the way with the pedal on the floor. my problem is that when I adjust for WOT, there isn't enough room to bring the idle down. I may have to remove some material from the stopper on the pedal to allow it to rest further toward the floor, giving more stroke. I think the real problem, however, is that the rubber cushion the button on the cable sits in is too soft and is causing the loss in stroke. Has anyone else seen this? perhaps I can machine a solid piece to replace it. I don't quite understand the need for the cushion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe you'll have to bend the top part of the pedal a lil to make it do what you want it to.
    That's what I ended up doing to mine. It doesn't take much either so be gentle.
    It seems that there is plenty of push down room but the rubber busushing get in the way against the firewall-floor panel.
    '14 Massimo 800
    '08 Hisun 700 (gone)