UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Warranty on dominator X

Post Thanks / Like

Question Warranty on dominator X

I'm buying one of these and want to know the warranty info.

Is warranty 1 year parts and labor and 2 years parts and labor on the engine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Go to the website and call up the warranty details. I think that the engine is the only component that has a 2 year warranty and that is parts only. Other components warranty vary from 1 year to 6 months. It is NOT 2 years bumper to bumper.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was on the odes website and it shows warranty 12 months on certain components and 2 years on engine and transmission. It doesn't tell if the warranty covers labor on the 12 month or 24 month coverage. I want to know the actual labor coverage since a dealer quoted me 6 months labor and 12 month parts with 2 year on engine coverage. Another dealer quoted 12 months labor and parts. I emailed odes from their website but have heard nothing back on the warranty question. I sent the email to their warranty department.

This is beginning to sound like odes maybe a little flaky since the dealer we were credit approved at, can't get hold of odes to get answers about the credit source odes has listed on their website, which appears to be first community bank. The dealer told us were approved but now the lender thru odes wants more information.

I have a bad feeling about odes financing and warranty, or maybe the dealer.

Post Thanks / Like
    2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the scoop on odes now.

A dealer I been working with to buy the 2015 dominator X 800cc told me they can't get the dominator X 1000cc but another dealer told me they can. The warranty was quoted by the dealer I was going to buy the 800cc 2015 dominator X from as 6 months labor and 12 month parts with 24 months on the engine. So basicaly after 6 months its up to you to pay for repairs "IF" the dealer can get parts from odes aka china, taiwan, japan or where ever they have to buy the parts and container ship them to the west coast distributor. Odes states on their website parts are shipped out in 2-3 days. Question is, from china or the west coast. When odes comes into port, they may have to sit months before getting unloaded.

Since odes is now based in an L.A distributor near the long beach port they have access to the containers as soon as they are released by customs. Then they truck the container to the odes warehouse where it is unloaded and inventoried and then stocked. Who knows how long that takes once the container is in the hands of the west coast distributor.

Talking with another dealer who stopped selling odes tells me odes fails to answer the phone, emails and can't ship the parts as stated on the odes website, thus he could not keep customers happy. For this reason and a new odes contract sent out from odes which makes the dealer buy 1 unit a month and 6 pages later they have to buy another 3 a month, convinced this dealer to drop odes. The dealer further stated the 6 month labor warranty dropped back to a 3 month labor warranty.

Back to the dealer I was going to buy the dominator from. We get credit approved thru an odes progam at 1.99 percent 36 months, then the lender comes up with a new angle that the buyer has to show all kinds of information to the dealer after being approved. The dealer tries to contact odes and guess what, no answer and no return calls. The dealer is pulling his hair out and is so frustrated he says forget it.

I thought it was the dealer screwing with us. But after talking to the dealer who dropped odes, it's odes who is failing the dealer and customers.

I thought this was all straightened out when this west coast exclusive distributor took control of odes. Apparently not and buying odes should be a carefully thought out decision.

The dealer that dropped odes did say this, the machine is cheap but if not beaten to hell, will last.

The dealer also said he had trouble with odes covering warranty claims and pretty much hung it on the dealer to pass the bad news to the customer.

This makes me think twice about buying this thing although it is cheaper then all the rest. I just don't know if I wanna gamble on getting it shoved up the bank account repairing this.

Post Thanks / Like
    It' s a china thing. The Chinese manufacturers don't believe in warranting their stuff never have, and they are very reluctant to change.
    You may want to look into cfmoto-usa. I've heard better things about them as far as dealer support.
    '14 Massimo 800
    '08 Hisun 700 (gone)
    '03 Polaris 500 sportsman

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Lexx,
    Below is a direct link to our website directly to our warranty terms page which outlines exactly what is covered.

http://www.odesutvs.com/Articles.asp?ID=248

The Motor is 24 Months, Labor is 6 months, and everything else is 12 Months (aside from wear and tear which is outlined in the agreement). The warranty is similar to most OEMs on the market aside from the fact that the motor is 24 Months. All dealers do have a copy of our warranty agreements which you would sign at purchase as most manufactures (ie similar to what you would sign at an auto dealer) have consumers sign to active warranty on the vehicle.

For the retail financing, this is not through ODES even though ODES does buy the rates down, this is done through Dealer Direct (IE First Community Bank). All dealerships use different funding sources to finance product, this is who ODES is currently running the buy down rate program with.

ODES is American Owned and Operated out of Riverside, CA. We are not a Chinese owned and operated company. All warranty, technical support, service, and parts for all countries we distribute to come from Riverside California. We value every consumer and dealer and do our best to ensure all customers and dealers are taken care of to the best of our ability. Our philosophy is based on the golden rule “treat others as you wish to be treated” and is how our staff is trained at the core. In addition, take our X Model, this utv was designed and engineered right here in the USA by engineers who also serve as designers and engineers for the automotive sector. We use these types of engineers to ensure the highest quality of design is possible as the automotive sector is much more regulated than the UTV sector.

ODES UTVS has a large network and every so often a dealer might choose to leave for a variety of reasons and or ODES UTVS must terminate a dealer for a variety of reasons. Obviously this can end on a positive note or a sour one. There are always two sides to a story.

As far as importing goes, anything that is imported from anywhere has to clear customs. Sometimes things can be held for a short time for inspection to ensure the product complies with US and Federal Laws and once cleared, it is released. This is for anything entering the United States and there to protect the public. http://www.joc.com/port-news/us-port..._20150203.html

ODES UTVS does every best effort to turn around claims as soon as possible. Many times information might be missing and or an item might be out of coverage. ODES UTVS does its best to work with the consumer and the dealer to ensure, even if something is out of coverage, there is a second option available so no one is left out in the cold. ODES UTVS can say this, our warranty is one of the best and is “in house”, not subbed out to third parties. Hands down our product has the best value in the industry for its class with nearly any option you could want included.

For the 1000cc UTVS, there are some dealers who have this product in stock right now but currently the 1000cc is HIGHLY limited due to demand. The initial run of 1000s we produced literally sold out in minutes, the demand was much higher than what was expected. We are hoping to have all dealers pending orders fulfilled and inventory back in stock for the 1000s no later than then end of October.

We regret if the way your situation was handled turned you off from our company and brand of products, however, if there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

8. Likes SIrSpendsalot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The warranty doesn't cover much.
    I haven't had much luck getting stuff fixed on my 13 odes 4 door. I pretty much just fix it myself now.

Post Thanks / Like
    We bought the dominator X and the thing looks awesome but runs like crap.

It runs rough and like the old harley thumper, thumps while chugging along. I know its two cylinder but this thing runs like one cylinder is weak or dead and shakes like crazy. What the hell did I do here. Than I hear a tink tink tink from the engine and body parts rattling.

Ya know, I bought a new gravely twin cylinder 24 hp zero turn and it don't run anything like this dominator. The engine doesn't shake and it is smooth going forward and backward. This dominator maybe a mistaken purchase. I'll give it another couple a days to see if it loosens up. When I drove it off our trailer it felt like the brakes were on even though the emergency brake was full off. To move forward the engine had to rev up rather high to get the dominator moving.
    Last edited by Lexx; 10-09-2015 at 11:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Best talk to the dealer.
    '14 Massimo 800
    '08 Hisun 700 (gone)
    '03 Polaris 500 sportsman

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking the dealer maybe questionable.

When I arrived to pick up the machine, he says he'll drive it on the trailer. I never had the chance to drive this thing till we got it home. Then it didn't run like I had envisioned this to run. When I say it runs like the harley thumper, that was a single piston job that thumped the rider as it putt putted along under powered. I have a feeling were going to have problems with this dealer on this machine. Like I said, it's awesome looking but runs like one cylinder is weak or dead.

I'm going to put some hours on it today and see if it loosens up or gets worse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lexx, I had a lot of the same issues you're talking about. When I got my 13 and brought it home I thought it was going to fall apart around me! Being new to UTV's I figured this was normal! I first drove it and it would accelerate and start banging, I couldn't figure it out. The dealers said it was probably the exhaust. I said BS. Took a better look into it and found that the drive shaft was banging on the little circle thing it went through underneath the frame. It was a 10 minute fix. If your interested I can give you a few pointers on things that should be done at first, things I noticed that were not right on mine. With my new wheels and tires if drives like a dream. Look forward to hearing from you!

Cody J

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Codyjamesuno View Post
    Lexx, I had a lot of the same issues you're talking about. When I got my 13 and brought it home I thought it was going to fall apart around me! Being new to UTV's I figured this was normal! I first drove it and it would accelerate and start banging, I couldn't figure it out. The dealers said it was probably the exhaust. I said BS. Took a better look into it and found that the drive shaft was banging on the little circle thing it went through underneath the frame. It was a 10 minute fix. If your interested I can give you a few pointers on things that should be done at first, things I noticed that were not right on mine. With my new wheels and tires if drives like a dream. Look forward to hearing from you!

Cody J
    Thanks Cody for the offer to help.

I drove the dominator in the fields and put on 4 miles. It seemed to quiet down some. Kept it slow and it worked great. The noise I heard was from the bottom skid plate vibrating. Like I said, it looks awesome and I'll give it time to loosen up.

A neighbor to my brother in law and sister saw it and wants one.

If odes reads this, a couple a things need to be noted for attention. The rubber hood tie downs should have a cross grip at the bottom so that two fingers can curl over and grasp the rubber latch and pull it down to slip on to the support nipple. As it is now, that rubber latch is extremely taught and difficult to pull down and latch.

The passenger side mirror needs to be re-positioned so it can be used to see behind at a better angle. Its rather useless now since it can't be positioned to see whats behind when backing due to not adjusting properly and sitting behind the roll cage frame bar the mirror is mounted to.

I also noticed the cab floor is wide open in the back below the seats to the ground and running gear. The rear dump is nice but the floor is all open when the dump is raised. I'll be using it to plow my small drive way and worry snow will blow in.

We got a plow and cab enclosure with the dominator from the dealer. I asked if he puts the plow on and he acted like I asked the secrets to the universe. He goes I charge 85 dollars and hour to work on these. So I guess that was a no to installing the plow. It has to be bolted together, then the attachment has to be mounted to the under side front of the dominator.

A dome light is needed for night time but I guess one of those LED closet light can be placed inside the cab. Had trouble seeing where to shift at night and seeing the dash rocker switches to turn on lights and stuff.

The brother inlaw was disappointed to how it ran but I explained its not a car.

This dominator has the greatest seat back travel that we seen so far. The brother inlaw needs lots a belly room and this had it.

Went out at night and this thing lights the night into day with all the LEDs on. I noticed the four wheel alert was flashing on the LCD panel as I drove in the fields. Perhaps its an alert that four wheel drive should be locked in, I don't know yet.

I'm getting more comfortable with it and we'll see how the dealer does at the 5 hour or 100 mile break in oil change and inspection.

I was a little worked up because this deal was dragging out and there were to many unanswered questions along with the dealer being some what pushy getting this dominator out the door but I think we got it down now.
    Last edited by Lexx; 10-11-2015 at 12:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    ODES and its dealers are horrible.. I have a 2015 dominator 4 seater and have had troubles with it contstantly.. dealer I purchased it from was doing warranty work and not notifying ODES.. last time it wouldn't start took it to dealer and sat there 4 months... finally talked to ODES and they told me dealer is no longer and ODES dealer I had to pic it up and take to another dealer 275 hours away.. dropped off in May in Beaver WI finally got it back this January..having to replace front right bearings stearing knuckle and cv joint.. ODES can't seem to get the parts here for some reason..
    I would not recommend them to anyone ever.. shitty replys and dealers suck big time...

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the information I have found yes Odes is US owned and operated. But the machines are made in China. They have super long times getting parts and usually dont have them in stock. Yes they honored my warranty, but took over a year to get it repaired in which that time expired my warranty and I was not even able to use it for a year. They don't extend it either and said it was delay from dealer/repair shop. Dealer said it took that long to get parts and the ok top do the warranty work. Now I have it back with other problems and no warranty because it was at the shop that long. I'm still waiting on parts and it is just sitting in the garage and I still can't use it...