UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: wont start hs 800

Post Thanks / Like

wont start hs 800

i have a supermach 800.i checked everything im to the last thing to check there is a diode1 but have know clue were it is.Any help would be greatly appriciated.Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    There are 2 diodes in the ECU. What is happening when you try to start it? Give as many details as you can and we might be able to help you out.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is nthing happening.I check egnition switch,starter relay and starter they all check out.I can jump the soleniod it will start.When i check the soleniod the blue and white wire and the brown and blue wire are showing 11 volt with ignition on and if you turn key it goes to zero.im kinda stumped

Post Thanks / Like
    instead of jumping the solenoid did you try putting 12v to the signal of the solenoid to make it work? it may be a dead short dropping to 0 with the key on.
    Im sure you went through all fuses right.

Post Thanks / Like
    once started does it stay running?

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried that it worked then quiet working and i checked the fuses im not sure what to check next

Post Thanks / Like
    yes it does

Post Thanks / Like
    check the gear position switch and the brake light switch if you haven't already done so.

Post Thanks / Like
    they both check out.I have a link to a shop manual
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/64923271/M...-Hisun-UTV-800 Check this out see if you can come up with something thanks again for the help

Post Thanks / Like
    Try turning the key and moving the gear shifter past neutral. See if you get any clicking.
    Both fuses on the starter relay good. Ignition switch has no bent pins or not plugged in all the way.

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Respected Member kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hopefully its simple and your not over looking anything. there is a switch on the brake pedal that light up the brake lights when the pedal is pressed. make sure your brake lights light up when the pedal is pressed otherwise adjust the switch on the back side of the firewall.

this switch will allow the machine to be started in any gear
    Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Im good there i think it is the diode but i dont no were to find it

Post Thanks / Like
    The diodes are in the ECU which is in the battery box

Post Thanks / Like
    so i put a volt meter on the trigger wire to the soliniod with it in neutral i get feed back if i put it in gear it in gear it goes to zero.if i ground the blue and white wire and jump the wires on the back of the ignition it cranks over

Post Thanks / Like
    i think the gear selector switch might be out i dont no

Post Thanks / Like
    If the gear selector switch is out try stepping on the brake and starting it that will bypass that switch

Post Thanks / Like
    I did that.I actually jumped the switch for testing purposes to keep the brake lights on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check the blue/black wire on your switch to see if you have 12v . Also check continuity between the black wire on your switch to ground.

Senior Member AffordableSideBySides's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had a bad ignition switch produce similar results. You might want to check that too if you haven't.
    The Maine dealer for HiSun Powersports Products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will tomorrow thanks for all the help so far.This unit has been nothing but headaches since day 1.First off had an over heating problem gear on the inside of motor sheared so I had to pull motor.Whole lot of disassembly.Then started blowing fuel pump fuse that was an easy fix relay connections needed cleaned and greased.Not good considering it only has 120 miles on it.When will this thing be fun

Post Thanks / Like
    OK I have 12 volts all four wires on starter soliniod key on start position zero on blue and white and blue and brown

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like your ignition switch is bad or the black wire on it is not making a good ground.

Post Thanks / Like
    On position from last post and turn key to start zero volts on blue and white and be and brown

Post Thanks / Like
    Talked to the guys at hisun there is a relay before soleniod so tomorrow should get this thing running

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the input on this thing.I will post if I get it going thanks again guys

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 700 4-seater. When you bought this, you more or less gave yourself another job. Seems like they have lots of issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the truth!The machines look good but they seem to copy designs that don't work like the front and rear diff it is Polaris before they fixed the problems they had with them and motor in the 800 is I think arctic cat the waterpump drive gears were nylon in the arctic cat they had problems and upgraded to steel gears unlike hisun.All I'm saying if you are going to copy someone's design copy one that works!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The motor in the 800 is a BRP (Can-Am) copy.
    But you are spot on with the copy something that works or at least change the part that doesn't.
    The front diff has supposedly been taken care of, if not KellyMotorsports can fix it correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by jlb71 View Post
    That's the truth!The machines look good but they seem to copy designs that don't work like the front and rear diff it is Polaris before they fixed the problems they had with them and motor in the 800 is I think arctic cat the waterpump drive gears were nylon in the arctic cat they had problems and upgraded to steel gears unlike hisun.All I'm saying if you are going to copy someone's design copy one that works!!!!
    Last edited by Pro-Tech; 01-23-2012 at 08:41 AM.

Pro-Tech Your Powersports of the north. Sales, Service, & Parts. 763-442-9245 www.erpowersports.com Elk River Powersports

Respected Member kelleymotorsports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have heard of 1 problem with a new front end already.....it was supposed to be the "revised" front diff. we'll have to see what happens.
    Kelley Motorsports LLC 563-920-3412 sales@kelleymotorsports.com
    Sales, Parts, and Service www.kelleymotorsports.com

Post Thanks / Like
    so i figured out the starting issue there are 2 plugs they are three prong in the front of the unit on the main wiring harness.there are 2 diodes on both of these.i tested the one get nothing the other im getting 555 on the 1 diode other 1 im getting575.I got it to start a couple times but i think the 2 diodes were on the way out

Post Thanks / Like
    Well she runs great now.Thanks for all the tips to help me get this thing going

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you happen to snap any photos of the plugs and diodes you are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by jlb71 View Post
    so i figured out the starting issue there are 2 plugs they are three prong in the front of the unit on the main wiring harness.there are 2 diodes on both of these.i tested the one get nothing the other im getting 555 on the 1 diode other 1 im getting575.I got it to start a couple times but i think the 2 diodes were on the way out

Post Thanks / Like
    I did but used my buddies phone I will post them next week.The funny thing is the guys at hisun didn't no they keep telling me the diodes are in the relays but in the service manual it said it was there but didn't say where it was located.Like I said earlier they are right behind the overflow bottle up front

Post Thanks / Like
    What did you use to replace.repair the ( diodes ) problem in this harness?????? 800 not starting with key switch and have found (2) diodes inside the wiring harness casing going down right front frame post behind water bottle.