UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: New clutchs needed what's my choice

Post Thanks / Like

New clutchs needed what's my choice

2013 dominator 2 door. Any other brands fit our do I have to buy from odes. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi whats wrong with yours?Can am 650 800 and other models are compatible.You could go for after market one from CVtech and Airdam..

Post Thanks / Like
    Bolt on secondary came loose and tore up secondary. Did some searching and looks like the clutchs on the 13 were junk. Want to fix it the right way so the are no worries later. What type and year of can am? will look into it tomorrow. Thanks for your fast response

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 13 and had a EPI clutch kit put in as soon as I got it. This is the first time I have heard about this type of problem, the stock belts wore out quick and the springs were to weak causing slippage and the belt to go faster. It is possible that due to this your clutch got to hot then when it cooled off and cycled like this for a while the bolt got loose or it just wasn't tight to begin with. I like my clutch better than the new ones as it never slips and the braking system work GREAT even when I haul my trailer full of firewood down a hill. So if you put a stock clutch back in (WITH THE EPI KIT) I think you will be very happy with it. So check out the prices and see witch one comes out on top.

Post Thanks / Like
    It did happened the same to me,bolt were loose as was not install with loctite at the last removal combination with stock belt and stock spring plus driving uphill on high gear caused that.I ve got second hand can am outlander 650 from ebay,plus epi seconday(red) and and primary(yelow) ,new aftermarket belt.Any can am clutch taken from V-twin engine will fit..
    Last edited by Dan Dan; 01-09-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for info. I called epi they said they didn't make clutch for odes. Left message with CV. Let you guys know Monday what I hear

Post Thanks / Like
    They do make a kit, Odes sells them on there website I think that they are made originally for can-am. If you are interested I will find the box in my shop and give you the numbers off of it

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a cvtech front clutch w/ one way . Only has about eight hours use on it. If interested let me know.
    '14 Massimo 800
    '08 Hisun 700 (gone)
    '03 Polaris 500 sportsman

Post Thanks / Like
    Dan, do you know of any issues with the secondary not fitting? I swapped to can am clutches but the secondary sits to deep. rubs the plastic housing. I stacked 3 washers to get it out far enough to work but I dont understand why it isnt right.