UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: valve adjustment on MSU 500

Post Thanks / Like

valve adjustment on MSU 500

The manual says have a repair center adjust valves after 20 hours and then every 6 months. Taking it to a Massimo repair center here is quite a trip and I just changed the oil and diff. fluids, greased it and cleaned the air filter myself. I ordered a repair manual for a 660 Rhino (hoping I can learn from it) and I am thinking of doing the adjustment myself. I adjusted the valves on my Raptor 700 with the help of a manual and the Massimo looks much easier. Are other owners of the Hisun 500 taking these things to a dealer twice a year to adjust valves? Will Massimo care if I don't have a receipt from a dealer for an adjustment if I have a warranty problem in the first year? I have searched the site and I see no recent activity dealing with this, and my local bike shop told me yesterday they won't look at my new ride, even though there was an old beat up Rhino in their shop right then...thanks for the input....Greg

P.S. I don't want to waste another thread so, as there is no MSU 500 repair manual available is a Rhino 660 manual going to do me any good?

Post Thanks / Like
    You can get a service manual off ebay just look for Hisun 500 utv service manual
    2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5

Post Thanks / Like
    Ordered and received the Hisun 500 manual, I feel much better now. I used it to change my antifreeze and was glad I had it. I will check my own valves in a while. Thanks ,I didn't see a Massimo manual....Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Well have you checked and set valves yet? If so how did it go? I just did my MSU500 and it made a world of difference (for the better).

harrietta, michigan and big pine key, florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    trying to find valve adjustment tool for msu 500. anyone know where I can buy one?