UTV Chat talk Forum Board Rhino Clones ODES UTVS HiSun Massimo Motor Bennche Qlink Linhai Supermach USTitan 700cc UTV Cheap 500cc UTV Wholesale

Thread: Hisun dependability and reliability.

Post Thanks / Like

Hisun dependability and reliability.

Hey guys and gals. Just wondering if anybody has these units and have had little to no issues. I picked up a hypermach 700 yesterday and in stuck between flipping it and selling or keeping it. It's a 2011 and a 4 seater, which is nice. Has about 760 miles on it. Took for a 40 mile cruise yesterday and it seems to run and ride really well. That motor gets plenty warm on the leg but all in all I'm just wondering if I can rely on this machine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey there. As far as the Chinese UTV and ATV's go they are all just fine. Just like any vehicle, it takes care and maintenance, if you take care of it, it will take care of you. No ATV or UTV will last forever and I have seen some really big name brand machines go up in flames just hours after purchasing them, so when you as if they are good, it is really up to you. I have a way of looking at things like this, if it was made on a Wednesday, it will probably never have a problem, and if it was made on a Monday or Friday then it will have some problems. This seems to go with any manufacture, no matter car, truck, UTV, ATV, and motorcycle. On Monday people are dragging from the weekend, and Friday they all wan to get out of there. But on Wednesday, they are all just working and doing their job well with little distractions. Just my 2 cents. Is the quality the same as the Japanese or other models? No, just plain and simple. But they can be a blast to ride and enjoy if you take care of them. You do seem to have to do more in the realm of making sure things are tight and not broken, but if you keep up on it, I'm sure it will be just fine. I don't know if this helps, but I have owned over 50 different makes and models of UTV, ATV and motorcycles and yet I still bought a Hisun 250. I knew the risk going into it, but so far, I have had a blast, and so has my son. Bang for the buck, it's hard to go wrong, but again, it wouldnt hurt to keep some spare parts on hand as the dealer network is just not the same as the others. Remember none of the others has a huge warranty, and the reason is that they are all off road vehicles that take a lot of abuse. So, I say enjoy it and hope you got a great deal. You will always hear bad things about Chinese models, but then again I have seen many other name brands burnt to the ground at the dunes valued at over $30,000. I say if you like it, ride it and have fun, remember the others who bash you are not the ones who ride it and they didn't pay for it as well. I am a master mechanic and when my wife or friends ask me about what to buy, I ask them..."what color do you like?" and tell them to make sure to buy the one they like, since I'm not the one paying for it or riding it. I want them to be happy at the end of the day, as they are the ones making the finally decision. I think you'll do just fine until you are ready to sell it for something else. If you're not hurting for the money right now, just enjoy it and be done.
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Matt, thank you for coming here and sharing knowledge & experience w/powersports products. Having been in the powersports industry, myself, for most of my adult life, I have to agree with everything you said. I am old enough to remember Japanese products being called "Japanese junk". Look at them now. Any company (American or foreign) that wants to stay in business must embark on a course of constant improvement. The Chinese products have a lot of catching up to do, but, I have seen a tremendous improvement in their quality since I bought my first (Odes) in 2014. Regardless of the manufacturer or country of origin, it is critically important that the owner be observant of what's going on with his machine. I have seen some pretty 'trashed out' Polaris & CanAm (>$25K) machines because the owner did not maintain his machine. They usually want to blame the manufacturer and or dealer for their problems.
    Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't knock the Chinese machines I've had 2 A 2010 Massimo 800 that I put over 7500 miles on and a 2013 Massimo 1100 that had over 8500 miles when I sold it . Massimo is basically a rebranded Hisun. I never put over $500 in repairs on either one just general maint for the most part.
    2013 MSU-1100

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gopher View Post
    Hey guys and gals. Just wondering if anybody has these units and have had little to no issues. I picked up a hypermach 700 yesterday and in stuck between flipping it and selling or keeping it. It's a 2011 and a 4 seater, which is nice. Has about 760 miles on it. Took for a 40 mile cruise yesterday and it seems to run and ride really well. That motor gets plenty warm on the leg but all in all I'm just wondering if I can rely on this machine?
    To help with the heat, try http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...-EA?zo=1181889 and http://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produc...-EA?zo=1181889 . If your Hisun never sees freezing temperatures, run pure water with the Coolant Boost. All 3 helped cool down my 2014 MSU 800.
    Last edited by 2014msu800; 04-16-2017 at 12:48 PM.